Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UC4 8.4 dead-ish this morning

el_barto

Reaction score
Started the truck this morning and UC screen was completely black, didn’t go thru start up screen or anything. Tried turning off truck and restarting at a couple of stoplights…nothing. Phone still recognized that it was connected to CarPlay and I could hear the nav directions over the truck speakers, and Then when I got to work and went to back into the parking spot, the reverse cameras fired up on the screen. Maybe it needed a longer time to reset, we’ll see tonight when I leave if it works again…

Truck is going in to dealer tomorrow night anyways for (probably) stuck open t-stat so they can look into it then.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Started the truck this morning and UC screen was completely black, didn’t go thru start up screen or anything. Tried turning off truck and restarting at a couple of stoplights…nothing. Phone still recognized that it was connected to CarPlay and I could hear the nav directions over the truck speakers, and Then when I got to work and went to back into the parking spot, the reverse cameras fired up on the screen. Maybe it needed a longer time to reset, we’ll see tonight when I leave if it works again…

Truck is going in to dealer tomorrow night anyways for (probably) stuck open t-stat so they can look into it then.
Did you hit screen off by chance? If not it may need a reset

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I think I must have hit the power button on accident or something. I feel like a dunce.
My wife has hit the screen off button on me before and it took me a few mins to figure it out as i was checking the most in-depth things first lol

Users who are viewing this thread