Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

henrys

Reaction score
Update! After pressuring the service advisor more and explaining that there should be a 145 and 160 update he found another tech that was able to do more research and find the 160 update to be installed via USB. If you are stuck at version 141 show your service advisor the screen shots from this thread. They are not looking hard enough for the updates. It's insane to me that there isn't a TSB covering this since the 141 radios won't update OTA.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Update! After pressuring the service advisor more and explaining that there should be a 145 and 160 update he found another tech that was able to do more research and find the 160 update to be installed via USB. If you are stuck at version 141 show your service advisor the screen shots from this thread. They are not looking hard enough for the updates. It's insane to me that there isn't a TSB covering this since the 141 radios won't update OTA.

I’m willing to bet that the dealers that say there isn’t an update are using the Uconnect website to check for software updates, which only works on trucks up to 2017.

henrys

Reaction score
Radio presets are still there 2 months later. The wireless android auto still cuts out randomly though. :confused:

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
You need to get on the 160 version. Only the dealer can update it.

Thats the story i am hearing but the last time i took it in they said there wasnt an update available so they replaced the radio with another unit that was on 145.

henrys

Reaction score
Thats the story i am hearing but the last time i took it in they said there wasnt an update available so they replaced the radio with another unit that was on 145.

They tried to tell me the same **** and I actually showed them the screen shots from this thread. The dealer finally found the right guy that knew how to update it.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
When i take it in for its next oil change im gonna have them try again

Diputs

Reaction score
After a year and a half mine are still disappearing... I will have to check the version.

Users who are viewing this thread