Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turbo Lab America HE351VE VGT T51R Mod Turbo

nick00less

Reaction score
I’m looking at buying a custom built 2013-2018 VGT Turbo for my truck but am curious if it will fit a 2020. Everything I’m researching online says yes but I’m curious if anything changed between 2018 and these new 5th Gen trucks (2019+). I looked and saw my turbo is a HE300VG. I found a video on YouTube that says the only differences between the HE351VE and HE300VG are the internals and actuator.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience on the matter?

Oh and the reason I’m considering this one is because it’s a custom built factory turbo that’s LOUD! Here’s a link to a website with its specs. Apparently the larger compressor wheel and the 10 blade turbine are what make it spool super loud. I’ll post link to turbo specs. Links to what a T51R mod even is and YouTube videos that show How loud it is. The first link shows what is a T51R mod. The last video by KCTurbo explains why a 10 blade turbine wheel makes a turbo loud.

1D09C7FF-64ED-4EB4-B8E9-3CF8640108F7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread