Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TTPMS feedback

Mark Halwa

Reaction score
Anyone have the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System? I waiting for a 2021 Longhorn Limited (ordered Dec 31, 2020) with TTPMS and wondering what others experience have been? Do you get 4-6 extra sensors to place in your trailer tires and does it work well?

MSbari

Reaction score
Yes the package came with 4 sensors. Getting them installed in the camper trailer in a couple weeks so can’t tell you how well they work yet.

brc80

Reaction score
I just got mine installed. I am having issues with one of them. All 4 pair just fine, but for some reason one closest to the drivers side has not reported yet. Granted ive only been on a short ride around town. I will be towing a few hundred miles this weekend and can report back.

brc80

Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update on my last trip. 3 of the 4 worked perfect. But I could not get the 4th one to work at all. It pairs, and acts like its ready to go, but it never sends a reading.

Bullpin22

Reaction score
Picked up my new 3500 3/24. Ordered the trailer tow package and didn’t receive any sensors. After convincing the dealer that, per the provided owners manual, I should have received 4 sensors, I still don’t have them. Apparently the sensors are scarce items. I’ve made some calls to other dealers and they done have any in stock and all say no ETA.

steve49

Reaction score
Picked up my new 3500 3/24. Ordered the trailer tow package and didn’t receive any sensors. After convincing the dealer that, per the provided owners manual, I should have received 4 sensors, I still don’t have them. Apparently the sensors are scarce items. I’ve made some calls to other dealers and they done have any in stock and all say no ETA.
Try Wheeler Fleet for the trailer TPMS, got mine from them, better price.

steve49

Reaction score
And those were for your TT? My concern would be different years use different frequency and that my 2021 wouldn’t acknowledge them.
Thats pure speculation on my part.
This it the original post regarding the trailer TPMS that gives detailed parts and setup instructions for vehicles not originally equipped with the setup. My thoughts are the system and parts would be the same for the 21's as is with the 19's and 20 MY. If you feel uncomfortable ordering these, you could PM Jimmy07, who would likely be able to put your mind at ease on ordering. Yes I ordered the sensors for my Toyhauler trailer and the system works fine. My truck didn't include the trailer TPMS and I ordered all the parts as described in the above link and installed it all myself.

flgboy

Reaction score
Mine work great. There must be some sort of sleep mode or such somewhere as it takes a couple hundred yards before the data is displayed when I'm pulling the trailer after it being parked for a couple of weeks.

Bullpin22

Reaction score
Try Wheeler Fleet for the trailer TPMS, got mine from them, better price.
So I reached out to Wheeler Fleet and they have a research dept. I provided them with my VIN and the part # steve49 provided and.....its a match according to them.
I appreciate the help with this as the dealer and Ram can't seem to. Now to order and try and pair.

thestuarts

Reaction score
I have the TTPMS and sensors installed in the 4 tires on my 5th wheel. The system works as advertised, but here are my complaints:
1) I have to leave the EVIC screen on the TTPMS page to see the trailer tire pressures, BUT I can't see the truck tire pressures at the same time! I have to navigate multiple pages to see the truck tire pressure. I wish there was a combined screen that shows the truck and trailer tire pressures simultaneously.
2) The factory TPMS and TTPMS systems just monitor the tire pressures. There are no alerts if tire pressure gets too high or low.

So, I ended up relying on an aftermarket TPMS+TTPMS system (TST 507) that alerts based on configurable thresholds. The aftermarket system also monitors tire air temperature which is a bonus.

Bullpin22

Reaction score
So I reached out to Wheeler Fleet and they have a research dept. I provided them with my VIN and the part # steve49 provided and.....its a match according to them.
I appreciate the help with this as the dealer and Ram can't seem to. Now to order and try and pair.
Paired tonight 1st try. The dealer emailed this week and said they finally received an ETA from Ram on the OEM sensors of the end of May. Too late but I’ll gladly take my kit when it comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread