Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TTPMS Display

PMJohns

Reaction score
I finally got the TPMS sensors installed in my trailer tires. The paring went as described in the manual. Since I needed to add air to the tires i returned the next day with my air compressor, backed up to the trailer, aded air and plugged in the trailer cable to see how accurate the sensors were. While the truck saw the trailer and the fact that 4 sensors were installed, it only showed dazhes for ghe tire pressure. My question is this, does the trailer need to move (15 mph for 10 minutes) to show the pressure or does it only show the pressure if a tire is low?

I did ask the tire dealer to put 85 psi in the tires since I needed to sequentially reduce the the pressure by 5 psi to pair the tires sith the truck monitor. Apparently the dealer would only put the maximum pressure listed on the tire even though I was not going to drive the trailer until after pairing.

PMJohns

Reaction score
Darn, looks like I will need to check the air pressure manually before taking it in the road. Airstreams do not handle tread separation very well.

PMJohns

Reaction score
Hookup, roll a few revolutions and put in air if needed. I don't think it takes much.
It’s not a serious issue. The trailer storage area is about 1/2 mile from a big truck stop where I have access to CAT scales (weight distribution setup), a 5 foot torque wrench (hitch ball), air, etc. I had a Dill TPMS system in my Airstreams for my 2008, 2011 and 2016 RAM 2500s. The Dill sensors sent data every 3 minutes when the tires were not rotating. My issues with the Dill system is that you could not read the display when driving in bright sun. I will adapt to the Mopar system.

Kubotafreak

Reaction score
Still waiting on my truck with this option. Can anyone tell me if the menu selection works on odd number of sensors for a trailer? (SPARE TIRE)

Users who are viewing this thread