Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck doesn’t start

Alistahl

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 mega cab Limited 6.4. My issue is the truck isn’t recognizing either of my key fobs.
I have push button start, I used the key fob to push the button and start the truck twice but since then it will not start. I’ve changed the batteries in both key fobs and still will not start. When you try to start the truck everything lights up like it should but it won’t crank. the battery seems like it’s got power but is it possible I need a new battery?

flan

Reaction score
Very possible. 19+20s were not know for having lasting batteries. Low voltage causes all sorts of issues with these trucks. For piece of mind I’d replace the battery. Let us know if it solves your problem.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I will be changing both batteries at the three year mark based on issues I have seen numerous times here and other forums. I suspect the lowest bidder got the contract with Chrysler. Another possibility is the start button may have an issue. However as @flan suggested, I would start with the battery. At four years, it is on borrowed time.

Last edited:

NC Rebel

Reaction score
My battery failed right around the 2-year mark. As the others suggested, I would try a new battery and see what they does.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
My '15 did the same thing. Replaced the batteries and BINGO!, started right up. I hope that works for you cuz them batteries ain't cheap (I guess nothing is anymore).

Nick

Reaction score
As others have said they probably are dead . Before dragging them out and spending money on an assumption I would either buy a decent tester or be sure to have them checked before buying new ones .

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Callie
Ram Cares

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
my oem's lasted about 3.5yrs. I consider that pretty good for originals.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
A battery tester is 20$ id buy one just to check. Some have had bad luck with the 19/20 batteries im still on my originals on my 19 surprisingly

Users who are viewing this thread