Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Cap, What fits third brake light with camera?

mlax

Reaction score
I have a 3500HD with the brake light/Camera combo. ARE and LEER are saying their caps will not fit with this brake light. They say you need to swap it out with a non-camera light. Anyone have any luck getting a cap to fit?

Thank you.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I guess I will find out today as I ordered an ARE and it is being installed this afternoon.... at no point in the process was I told it would not fit.

mlax

Reaction score
I went to order one about three weeks ago and ARE had just posted a bulletin saying Rams bed camera wouldn't allow the cap to slide all the way forward and sit properly. I reached out and spoke with ARE and they told me the same thing.

I hope it fits, would like to see pictures, please. I really want the cap and may have to remove the camera light and swap it with a standard one.

Thanks.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I went to order one about three weeks ago and ARE had just posted a bulletin saying Rams bed camera wouldn't allow the cap to slide all the way forward and sit properly. I reached out and spoke with ARE and they told me the same thing.

I hope it fits, would like to see pictures, please. I really want the cap and may have to remove the camera light and swap it with a standard one.

Thanks.

Yeah... I ordered mine back in May.
I'll certainly post what the results are later this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread