Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer TPMS

GBB

Reaction score
My truck has the trailer TPMS system but I’ve never hooked it up. Recently I’ve been getting a Trailer TPMS NEEDS SERVICE or something to that that effect as it just flashes once with the audible ding. I pulled the connection off and sprayed down with corrosion inhibitor as I read somewhere that they get water in them (I don’t see how). wonder if I could just disconnect and tape up the connections.

flan

Reaction score
My truck has the trailer TPMS system but I’ve never hooked it up. Recently I’ve been getting a Trailer TPMS NEEDS SERVICE or something to that that effect as it just flashes once with the audible ding. I pulled the connection off and sprayed down with corrosion inhibitor as I read somewhere that they get water in them (I don’t see how). wonder if I could just disconnect and tape up the connections.
Probably check the back side of the connector too, make sure any moisture isn’t getting past the weatherpack connectors.

CdnHO

Reaction score
If you disconnect the reciever module, you get this:

Attachments

• IMG_2074 3.jpg
    IMG_2074 3.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 7

kevin588127

Reaction score
Where exactly is that module? That is my screen and I have never messed with it.
There is one in the rear passenger headliner and a receiver mounted on the rear bumper, between the bumper and spare tire. There could be other connectors that I'm not aware of as well.

GBB

Reaction score
If you disconnect the reciever module, you get this:
That is what I’m getting once in awhile..it isn’t as often now that I pulled connector and sprayed it with corrosion block but still comes in .

CdnHO

Reaction score
That is what I’m getting once in awhile..it isn’t as often now that I pulled connector and sprayed it with corrosion block but still comes in .
Take a look at the connectors to insure the contacts are properly placed. They are pretty tiny and easily damaged. Also be sure the tab on the wiring harness clicks over the lock on the module connector..

GBB

Reaction score
Anyone found a fix for this? Getting this every time I start truck.

Users who are viewing this thread