Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tradesman upgrade to 8.4

Chopperno1

Reaction score
the 8.4 doesn't fit directly in the 5" cutout. I think you'll need the bezel.

View attachment 12573

Center Stack
Product ID: 68370124AB
Remove
$185.32 × Quantity
$185.32
Multi Media Radio
Product ID: 68428584AC
Remove
$741.28 × Quantity
$741.28
Instrument Panel Bezel
Product ID: 6VQ511AHAA
Remove
$227.13 × Quantity
$227.13
Continue ShoppingEmpty Cart
I currently believe these to be the correct part numbers. The last part instrument panel bezel 6VQ511AHAA is the part with the AC vents (I do not think I need that part but not sure). I am hoping someone can confirm before I place the order.

jdefoe0424

Reaction score

Center Stack
Product ID: 68370124AB
Remove
$185.32 × Quantity
$185.32
Multi Media Radio
Product ID: 68428584AC
Remove
$741.28 × Quantity
$741.28
Instrument Panel Bezel
Product ID: 6VQ511AHAA
Remove
$227.13 × Quantity
$227.13
Continue ShoppingEmpty Cart
I currently believe these to be the correct part numbers. The last part instrument panel bezel 6VQ511AHAA is the part with the AC vents (I do not think I need that part but not sure). I am hoping someone can confirm before I place the order.
If you're adding the nav 4c, then you will need it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So far this is what I came up with based on my current center stack can anyone verify? My truck did come with sxm, no navigation. Do I need the portion with the A/C vents?View attachment 12572
See posts 20 and 26. You either need the center stack dash piece, or you’ll have to modify the new radio bezel to fit.

woody284

Reaction score
I just did this swap. I had high hopes of being able to use my original bezel with the vents. It looks so close but the new center stack and 8.4 will not fit into the old bezel. You could probably modify it to save the money as the previous post shows but I had already bought the new bezel and wanted a tight, secure fit. I went from the 5” with SXM to the 8.4 SXM / No Nav.

jdefoe0424

Reaction score
I believe this is not the nav radio 68428584AC. Can you confirm?

It appears to be without nav, this is a site I've found which actually contains done description on the parts.
The infotainment kit for this upgrade does not show it as including the vent bezel. So you should be all set.

Chopperno1

Reaction score

It appears to be without nav, this is a site I've found which actually contains done description on the parts.
The infotainment kit for this upgrade does not show it as including the vent bezel. So you should be all set.

Thank you

woody284

Reaction score

You might continue to look into this and maybe make a call to infotainment and ask for clarification if I was you. I’m not sure the radio itself has anything to do with it. It’s the mating of the bezel and the center stack. I looked at doing this mod for a long time before I actually did it. Infotainment used to show the video of them sending you the whole kit, radio, center stack and bezel. I agree now it doesn’t yet the price hasn’t changed either. So I’m not sure what changed on their side.

jdefoe0424

Reaction score
You might continue to look into this and maybe make a call to infotainment and ask for clarification if I was you. I’m not sure the radio itself has anything to do with it. It’s the mating of the bezel and the center stack. I looked at doing this mod for a long time before I actually did it. Infotainment used to show the video of them sending you the whole kit, radio, center stack and bezel. I agree now it doesn’t yet the price hasn’t changed either. So I’m not sure what changed on their side.
Ahh. I found the older video and it looks like they used to use all factory parts but now they have a radio bezel that's been modified by them in some way to work with the 5" center stack.

jdefoe0424

Reaction score
Thank you
So, my information may not be correct. Some modification may be needed to the 5" center stack vent bezel for it to be used for the 8.4. Some pictures would be nice because these factory parts are hard to find good pictures of online

woody284

Reaction score
So, my information may not be correct. Some modification may be needed to the 5" center stack vent bezel for it to be used for the 8.4. Some pictures would be nice because these factory parts are hard to find good pictures of online

That’s nice of them but it would have been nice for them to lower the price since they no longer send you the extra $200 plus bezel. It’s the same as it was with it. There site did say expect shipping delays as well. I ordered from moparfactoryparts.com and had it at my door in 9 days ground shipping.

SkywalkerPhD

Reaction score
I am about to make this purchase myself. I noticed that someone mentioned that there is a support bracket that is needed for the back of the 8.4 radio. Does anyone have that part number?

SkywalkerPhD

Reaction score
Also there is a plastic backing plate that sits behind the radio and supports it. The new radio is larger. I made it work by elongating the mounting holes but I will see if I can identify a part number for that.
Do you happen to have the part number for the support bracket that goes behind the radio?

SkywalkerPhD

Reaction score
That’s nice of them but it would have been nice for them to lower the price since they no longer send you the extra $200 plus bezel. It’s the same as it was with it. There site did say expect shipping delays as well. I ordered from moparfactoryparts.com and had it at my door in 9 days ground shipping.
Did your order the part numbers that Jackmup put out there? Do you have any pics of your install?

woody284

Reaction score
I order the part number that #Jackmup posted. I did not order the cable though as I already had SXM and I do not use it anyway. There is not a bracket needed. The 5 inch has a bracket but the 8.4 did not.

Jackmup

Reaction score
Do you happen to have the part number for the support bracket that goes behind the radio?
No I don't have that number I modified mine. But I suggest ordering it with everything else. Need parts counter help with that one I could not figure out which one on line. Shipping takes so long I needed to modify on the fly. That part can't cost too much.

woody284

Reaction score
What bracket are we referring to? To support the 8.4 screen/unit to the center bezel? I must have missed that in discussion if so. I just order the parts listed in the earlier part.

Users who are viewing this thread