Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

D

Deleted member 80

I have an aftermarket trailer TPMS setup, but I was hoping to eliminate that thing stuck on my dashboard.

ghaynes754

Reaction score
It's interesting that the kit shown actually has a camera in it. The various web announcements from Ram say it is supposed to be a wireless camera that can be used on the back or moved to the inside of the trailer. The kit shown is a totally wired kit. The camera in the photo is just above the mounting bracket, lower center. The camera is held to the mounting bracket with the two dark plastic pieces on either side of the bracket.

Eagerly waiting for someone to get this, not only to see/understand what they actually get, but whether the camera can be displayed while driving, specifically stay on and not time out. I have an Airstream on order which comes with a wireless Voyager camera kit. I had the same on my previous Airstreams and had it turned all all of the time for towing. Very handy from a safety standpoint when passing or being passed by other vehicles and checking during lane changes.

Last edited:

ghaynes754

Reaction score
You may be correct on the wireless camera. I saw that in some videos but it isn't mentioned in the launch videos.

ghaynes754

Reaction score
Ron, please post part numbers and costs. How many sensors in your total?

ghaynes754

Reaction score
That was quick. Is the ttmps the sensors (how many) or an interface module of some type?

Ron D.

Reaction score
they said 4 sensors, not sure if it comes with interface module or just goes to the truck

orlando bull

Reaction score
they said 4 sensors, not sure if it comes with interface module or just goes to the truck

Man, I appreciate you coming here and answering questions... I have 1 more... 2 parts for camera, just 1 part for tires right?

Thanks!

regal2800

Reaction score
TTMPS part# 68433188AA / cost $218.00 / Trailer Prep. part# 82215833AB / cost $330.00 / Trailer Camera Part# 82215770AB / cost $372.00

The part number you gave for the TTMPS sounds like its just sensors that go in the trailer tires. How do you know that is the TTPMS? I just spoke with ram in detail about this and they told me the TTPSM is not available yet for pre order? I put the number you gave me in mopar retailers and it just says tire pressure sensor....I also ordered the camera prep part....

regal2800

Reaction score

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

regal2800

Reaction score
So looked under my truck and it looks like the trailer pressure sensor connection is there. Its the same 4 wire plug in the same location mentioned in the diagram i posted above. Hopefully the trailer tire pressure module will simply be a plug and play item.

Users who are viewing this thread