Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
The kit for the tires on trailer is 68433188AA. They will not work until our trucks are fitted with a TTPM! However or we keep believing that the books and pictures are correct we will just go crazy! Dealer list is 244.00 for a 4 sensor kit.
On sale now for $167

regal2800

Reaction score
how do you know this is for the trailers and not just regular tpms for the truck?

regal2800

Reaction score
what is the part number for the module that reads it in the truck?

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
what is the part number for the module that reads it in the truck?
That part has been omitted from our trucks and is not listed in any parts manual. It goes behind license tag. Most trucks will have connector taped to harness because they were designed to have it.

Glassman484

Reaction score
Devildodge, can you clarify your statement about the 12/7 vs. 4/7 plug? I ordered the trailer camera wiring option (delivery hopefully in late October) so, will I have any issues with compatibility? My ‘16 1500 has the 7 pin which matches my ‘18 trailer.
Thanks

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
@Glassman484
If the 7pin is what your trailer takes, then the 7 pin will work the same. The 12 Pin will be different and for the camera, but I do not know much about it.

If you need the 4 pin you will have to purchase a 7 pin to 4 pin connector.

Glassman484

Reaction score
OK, a little slow on the uptake here....After some interwebs research I realized what you meant: the truck side plugs now have two options (duh, I looked at my truck!). My 1500 has 4 and 7 pin connector plugs, and the 2500 will have 7 and 12.
I think I still need to use the 7 pin connector for the trailer as wired, but add a 12 pin on additional cable for the camera. According to a couple of trailering supply websites, the 12 pin connectors aren’t recommended for charging circuits, as the pins are small and sometimes can’t handle the amp draw when charging batteries while driving. I’ll do more research and update when I find out more.

Thanks!

regal2800

Reaction score
That part has been omitted from our trucks and is not listed in any parts manual. It goes behind license tag. Most trucks will have connector taped to harness because they were designed to have it.

do the new trucks have this part? mine also has the plug, but nothing attached. as soon as it is availbe on the new trucks a part number should star to become available.

fedacjjt24jd

Reaction score
do the new trucks have this part? mine also has the plug, but nothing attached. as soon as it is availbe on the new trucks a part number should star to become available.
Hello to all. I am new to this forum. I too am looking to purchase a new 3500 Dully and I want this camera and TTPM system as part of my factory install. Where are we at with these issues as of January 1 2020? Please help.
Thanks.

RamPilot

Reaction score
Hello to all. I am new to this forum. I too am looking to purchase a new 3500 Dully and I want this camera and TTPM system as part of my factory install. Where are we at with these issues as of January 1 2020? Please help.
Thanks.
I got the Camera prep... I would save your Money. I ended up installing my old four camera system for my trailer. The issue is you can’t keep the camera On screen all the time. You have to push several buttons to get to it and then only stays on for 10 seconds. You also can’t split screen or make a little video window even on the big 12” When I tow I place a 7” wide screen over my Rear view mirror. From there I’m able to see all four cameras or anyone one I pick full-time. It’s much more natural to look up at a glance. Total cost is less then the factory option.

RamPilot

Reaction score
Thanks.
I am not sure that the trailer tire pressure monitoring system is available yet. I ran the options a few weeks ago and I don’t recall seeing it.

voltedge

Reaction score
This is one area where GM really shines and FCA looks like a novice. My 19' GM truck has the 360 camera and the aux trailer camera. The GM camera is connected via coax and looks like HD just like the rest of the cameras. That truck came with four new TPMS sensors in the glove box for my trailer. I never installed them as I was planning on getting a 2500 HD and wasn't sure which brand truck it would be. They really need to get this Aux camera & TTPMS system figured out and made available to the 2019 HD RAM owners asap. If the new 2020 GM HDs weren't so bland looking on the interior and the msrp being much higher, I could see these options being a deal breaker on the RAM for many people that tow large trailers.

craiglud

Reaction score
I have a 2500 Limited on order. My dealer checked yesterday and the part is not available yet for the TTPMS truck module.

Electrified

Reaction score
I would like to add some clarification to this discussion. Just because you got the trailer camera wiring doesn't mean you'll have the TTPMS. These are likely two different feature with two completely different sales codes. The TTPM sensor will be an individual module, likely mounted in the rear bumper to read the TPMs in the trailer wheels. This will be completely different and separate from the trailer wiring for the camera.

Last edited:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
The ttpms is now available to order on new builds. It's not on the build site but they have the code. Its like $445 msrp to add the extra software . But you still have to buy on your own the valve stem trailer tire sensors pkg of 4 for about $170 more then you have to get installed.

Users who are viewing this thread