Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

thestuarts

Reaction score
More and more lately, it seems like every update for both versions, something “breaks” on one or the other. Next update, there’ll probably be an issue with Android version.
For the system ID- before he added MY2019-20, they used to populate nice and organized with the sections (VehConfig 1:, VehConfig 2:, VehConfig 3:, etc). After that update to ad 2019+, it would just populate the list of settings without being broken into sections. We requested him to fix that, so maybe he’s got something weird going on with the system ID/Status after trying to fix it.

Alexey at AlfOBD figured out my problem. A fresh installation of AlfaODB defaults to the "ODBKey USB/BT" interface, but I am using the "ODBLink USB/BT" interface. All I had to do was change the interface type and everything started working correctly. I apologize for causing unnecessary confusion. I swear I stared at that option 20 times and didn't notice the discrepancy.

Alexey said, "I will make improvements for the app to automatically recognize the interface type."

Phil T

Reaction score
Playing tiddly winks with manhole covers?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Phil T

Reaction score
Moparwholesaleparts.com

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

///mobley

Reaction score
That's awesome!

You've inspired me to finish a YouTube video I was editing that shows how to install all the parts and enable the settings using AlfaOBD. I will work on the final edit tonight so you can review it this weekend.

I got all the alfaobd stuff on, and made the jumper harness already. I have been driving around with the service ttpms warning... now to plug the two modules in... and order senders...

thestuarts

Reaction score
I got all the alfaobd stuff on, and made the jumper harness already. I have been driving around with the service ttpms warning... now to plug the two modules in... and order senders...

Fantastic! Did you use the PC or Android version of AlfaOBD, and what build version (2.1.8.0, 2.2.0, 2.2.1, etc.?)

lovegolf44

Reaction score
That's awesome!

You've inspired me to finish a YouTube video I was editing that shows how to install all the parts and enable the settings using AlfaOBD. I will work on the final edit tonight so you can review it this weekend.
I'm trying to recall, are the settings for AlfOBD different for the 2020 models or will your video be applicable to both 19s/20s? Without looking back through this thread, I thought there was a difference in the settings and/or hardware needed for the different years.

switz

Reaction score
I am hopeful the video will be a start to finish including the OBD part..Pretty please?

thestuarts

Reaction score
I'm trying to recall, are the settings for AlfOBD different for the 2020 models or will your video be applicable to both 19s/20s? Without looking back through this thread, I thought there was a difference in the settings and/or hardware needed for the different years.

The video is applicable to both the 2019 and 2020. The installation steps are mostly the same with two minor differences.

First, the TIM installation steps are slightly different for the 2019. In my 2019 truck, I had to remove the right rear seat belt at the top to be able to remove the plastic trim. Apparently, you don't have to remove the seat belt bolt in the 2020 trucks.

The AlfaOBD configuration steps are the same, except you have pick the 2019 or 2020 truck in the connection options.

switz

Reaction score
I have a video that is 95% done. It includes the parts, installation, AlfaOBD configuration, and tire sensor pairing. I will try to finish the editing tonight.
Thank you! I appreciate it and I know others will too.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
The video is applicable to both the 2019 and 2020. The installation steps are mostly the same with two minor differences.

First, the TIM installation steps are slightly different for the 2019. In my 2019 truck, I had to remove the right rear seat belt at the top to be able to remove the plastic trim. Apparently, you don't have to remove the seat belt bolt in the 2020 trucks.

The AlfaOBD configuration steps are the same, except you have pick the 2019 or 2020 truck in the connection options.
TY

bshown

Reaction score
As a dealer tech of a different manufacturer, I am very impressed with all the work that has gone into this. Great job! I love seeing these kind of modifications and how you track down terminals and connectors. I would love to have this feature in my truck. Has it been determined if you must have the largest EVIC screen? I have a Tradesman with the 8.4 and Towing Tech Package. How do I determine what software my 8.4 has?

Users who are viewing this thread

• RZV