Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

ebtksutton

Reaction score
I have searched and searched in this thread for a step by step install for a 2022 cab and chassis. I have most of the items already on hand still waiting on sensors but can’t find the plug location for the jumper harness on a cab and chassis but thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CdnHO

Reaction score
I have searched and searched in this thread for a step by step install for a 2022 cab and chassis. I have most of the items already on hand still waiting on sensors but can’t find the plug location for the jumper harness on a cab and chassis but thanks in advance

Not sure if t his helps.

Attachments

• Ram_CC HD_Trailer TPM Users Guide_MY19+_R1.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 33

CdnHO

Reaction score
Has anyone found a TPMS tool that reads the Mopar trailer sensors?

CdnHO

Reaction score
Bought a Autel TPMS tool. Works great with the truck. Only hiccup is somehow, using a tpms tool puts the air suspension in "jack mode" and puts "Air Suspension Temporarily Disabled" message on the EVIC. Weird. Several key cycles and it went away. Selecting "OFF" for "JacK mode" on the airsuspension doesn't work. it just turns it on again. I suspect it will also go off jack mode when you drive it. I guess the truck figures if you are using a TPMS tool you will be jacking it up. Who knew. On another note, the Autel tool doesn't work on the trailer tpms sensors. Selecting a vehicle with Schrader sensors will trigger the sensor but shows the wrong psi. But it does show the sensor ID and battery condition.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Has anyone looked for aftermarket trailer TPMS sensors that will talk to a 2021 RAM 3500? My older 5th wheel trailer with the sensors worked like a charm. However my new trailer wheels will not accept the shape of the RAM sensors

ebtksutton

Reaction score
Ok so I found the plug at the back of my truck, plugged in the harness, and the receiver box…mounted it….installed the sensors in my trailer….turned on ttpms with ALFAOBD but during the paring process it never pairs (never got the first one to pair to even move on to the second). So is there any way to test that my truck is even sending or receiving signals…..how can I be certain I’m plugged into the correct wire.

I have a flatbed and it’s virtually impossible to get to the wires at the back of my truck.

2022 Ram 3500 cab and chassis tradesman

mlink

Reaction score
Ok so I found the plug at the back of my truck, plugged in the harness, and the receiver box…mounted it….installed the sensors in my trailer….turned on ttpms with ALFAOBD but during the paring process it never pairs (never got the first one to pair to even move on to the second). So is there any way to test that my truck is even sending or receiving signals…..how can I be certain I’m plugged into the correct wire.

I have a flatbed and it’s virtually impossible to get to the wires at the back of my truck.

2022 Ram 3500 cab and chassis tradesman

Remove left front trailer wheel and move it up near back of truck. Most issues with.TTPMS are “range issues”.

CdnHO

Reaction score
The system is made by Schrader. While I got all 8 sensors to pair after NUMEROUS tries, the sensors keep dropping out randomly. This system is weak and needs a repeater. I really think the sensors were made for a passenger vehicle which don't need a strong signal. I went back to my aftermarket Pressure Pro which works great and the monitor is 15 feet further from the sensors than the useless factory system. I even replaceD the receiver module in the rear bumper but no joy.

ebtksutton

Reaction score
Remove left front trailer wheel and move it up near back of truck. Most issues with.TTPMS are “range issues”.

I’ll give it a go…..

Once it “learns” the sensors does it remember them all the time? I see some say they drop out all the time…..I really hope this system works….the thought of being able to keep my dash clear and have all extras built into my truck is amazing!

steve49

Reaction score
I installed the TTPMS on my 19 truck and toyhauler (25ft) and everything has worked fine, no dropping out and shows up each time I hook up.

GBB

Reaction score
Ordered the ttpms when I ordered my 2021 ram 3500. I’ve had other brands in the past that worked excellent. I think they are one of the best upgrades you can do for a trailer especially a TT or 5th wheel RV. I haven’t gotten around to installing the sensors as I have upgraded to a 5th wheel, but from reading all these posts and the hit and miss to getting the factory ttpms to work I went with the TST 507 system

mlink

Reaction score
I installed the TTPMS on my 19 truck and toyhauler (25ft) and everything has worked fine, no dropping out and shows up each time I hook up.
Even though RAM photos 3500 DRWs hauling heavy 5th Wheels, I’ll bet 95% can’t get their TTPMS to work because of range issues.

Even more amazing is that the 22s have a UConnect5 issue where even if you take off your trailer wheels and place them next to the truck to register, as soon as you shut your truck off - poof! all your configuration disappears and never comes back with “TTPMS is not configured” error. When I complained to my dealer, they said they have 3 other Trucks with same issue and RAM had not been cooperative about a fix.

This is a known problem back to the 2020 model where I also had the range issue. Meanwhile, RAM keeps selling the option. Buyer beware!!

Last edited:

CdnHO

Reaction score
The receiver module behind the rear bumper stores the sensor information once they are paired. When I mentioned earlier that my sensors drop out, I mean that the EVIC display shows no pressure randomly. It may last five minutes or an hour. Eventually the sensor info shows up again. They remain paired but the receiver isn't receiving pressure information. Some times I have all 8 working and sometimes I am reading only one or two. Most often the tires on the rear axle are effected. I agree with @mlink that the problem is range issue. A repeater on the trailer would fix the problem but Chrysler obviously doesn't think it is important enough to come up with a fix. I suspect the aftermarket sensors put out a stronger signal. The Schrader sensors in the Trailer TPMS just emit too weak a signal for a trailer of any length. I suppose if one made an extension harness to bring the receiver module closer to the trailer tires, it might solve the prolem. Who knows? I tried to address it with the dealer. They didn't even know the factory system existed. LOL

CdnHO

Reaction score
I’ll give it a go…..

Once it “learns” the sensors does it remember them all the time? I see some say they drop out all the time…..I really hope this system works….the thought of being able to keep my dash clear and have all extras built into my truck is amazing!

On my 2021 all the sensors remain paired. Just some randomly don't show pressure when towing the fiver.

ebtksutton

Reaction score
The receiver module behind the rear bumper stores the sensor information once they are paired. When I mentioned earlier that my sensors drop out, I mean that the EVIC display shows no pressure randomly. It may last five minutes or an hour. Eventually the sensor info shows up again. They remain paired but the receiver isn't receiving pressure information. Some times I have all 8 working and sometimes I am reading only one or two. Most often the tires on the rear axle are effected. I agree with @mlink that the problem is range issue. A repeater on the trailer would fix the problem but Chrysler obviously doesn't think it is important enough to come up with a fix. I suspect the aftermarket sensors put out a stronger signal. The Schrader sensors in the Trailer TPMS just emit too weak a signal for a trailer of any length. I suppose if one made an extension harness to bring the receiver module closer to the trailer tires, it might solve the prolem. Who knows? I tried to address it with the dealer. They didn't even know the factory system existed. LOL

Got ya, I guess as of right now….I’m just trying to figure out if I have everything installed and turned on correctly since my truck did not come with it from the factory. I think I have everything installed / turned on just not 100% sure.

It appears to be correct but I can’t get them to pair. I haven’t had a chance to remove the tire and set it next to the back of my truck yet but will be trying that soon.

I do have a flatbed on my truck and knew of a “range” issue so in order to have the least amount of a signal block, behind my license plate I cut a square hole and flush mounted the receiver where it actually extends out past the bed by an inch or so…..and the license plate covers it. When I talked to my local dealer they too have 0 idea that this is an option.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Got ya, I guess as of right now….I’m just trying to figure out if I have everything installed and turned on correctly since my truck did not come with it from the factory. I think I have everything installed / turned on just not 100% sure.

It appears to be correct but I can’t get them to pair. I haven’t had a chance to remove the tire and set it next to the back of my truck yet but will be trying that soon.

I do have a flatbed on my truck and knew of a “range” issue so in order to have the least amount of a signal block, behind my license plate I cut a square hole and flush mounted the receiver where it actually extends out past the bed by an inch or so…..and the license plate covers it. When I talked to my local dealer they too have 0 idea that this is an option.

Which part number did you use for the bumper receiver module?

ebtksutton

Reaction score
Which part number did you use for the bumper receiver module?

I used the jumper harness
68395315AB found the plug near my rear bumper (Only plug that matched)

TPM receiver
68375990AA

TPMS sensors
52112451AA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I used the jumper harness
68395315AB found the plug near my rear bumper (Only plug that matched)

TPM receiver
68375990AA

TPMS sensors
52112451AA

Wrong tpm receiver for your 22:

BFA4A706-5619-4E44-AC5D-37C114081B30.jpeg

ebtksutton

Reaction score
Wrong tpm receiver for your 22:

View attachment 50782

I just went out and checked the receiver that I installed….and I do in fact have the correct one (68526635AB). So I guess I now have two questions.

How do I know if I have / where is it located (gateway module PN 68404893AB)

And how do I know I found the correct plug on the rear of my truck (only one that allows me to plug up the harness and receiver)

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I just went out and checked the receiver that I installed….and I do in fact have the correct one (68526635AB). So I guess I now have two questions.

How do I know if I have / where is it located (gateway module PN 68404893AB)

And how do I know I found the correct plug on the rear of my truck (only one that allows me to plug up the harness and receiver)

Did you order the parts shown in post #1?

The TIM is in the headliner rear passenger side near the back of the cab.

I'm confused if your truck was ordered with the TTPMS and you just couldn't find the rear receiver or you're adding from scratch?

1674843379939.png

Users who are viewing this thread