Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toxic Cost of Going Green

Enve46

Reaction score
That photo is what I see a lot when camping and what scares me about the possibility of limp mode so much. I have friends and family on the east side of the country and most have no idea about our wide open spaces in states like Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, etc. Heck, even eastern Oregon seems like another planet sometimes. (But I sure love it out there!.)
I can’t wait to leave Florida and get to Tn just to see more than beach and swamp. I really wanted to move to Utah but the wife but a stop to that. So much country to see and everyone lives in these cities on top of one another. Maybe I’m just getting old hahahaha

Blythkd1

Reaction score
That photo is what I see a lot when camping and what scares me about the possibility of limp mode so much. I have friends and family on the east side of the country and most have no idea about our wide open spaces in states like Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, etc. Heck, even eastern Oregon seems like another planet sometimes. (But I sure love it out there!.)

Try the drive west out of Ely, Nevada on 50 sometime. One nice thing about it, you have the road all to yourself!

Will_T

Reaction score
Try the drive west out of Ely, Nevada on 50 sometime. One nice thing about it, you have the road all to yourself!
I have done it a few times. Once coming home from Logan, Utah I went south on 15 to 6 and then on 50 all the way to Fallon.

ppine

Reaction score
I used to be an environmental consultant to the mining industry. All of this talk about lithium mining is besides the point. Thacker Pass in northern Nevada will be coming on line soon. The Salton Sea has great potential. Batteries will get recycled.

If you want to see the importance of mining look at conventional vehicles. They are made from steel, chomium, copper, and plenty of other metals.

EVs may be a short term solution for commuter cars. Long term we may be looking at hydrogen and plenty of other organic sources.

Users who are viewing this thread