Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

WildCanuck

Reaction score
I was more or less talking about the 360 Surround View Camera. and the Towing Tech Group not being available to order on the 19s even tho it is one of the new "key" options for the 19s.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I was more or less talking about the 360 Surround View Camera. and the Towing Tech Group not being available to order on the 19s even tho it is one of the new "key" options for the 19s.

My bad... which trim were you looking to get? That may make a difference in availability... or your dealer may need to place a call, I seem to to recall someone saying the dealer forgot/didn't know to enter a code and was able to get his build.

WildCanuck

Reaction score
I'm trying to order my Powerwagon and that is the only option that is'nt available. And it's not just on the powerwagon, i had them try to build multiple trims. Seems to be MIA on the canada orders. I contacted FCA and waiting to hear back.

sasbowtie91

Reaction score
I had trouble ordering both the 12” Display and the Tow technology group on my Laramie. Dealer was finally able to get the 12” Display ordered but the Tow Technology group was on some sort of restriction per their Ram rep. I ended up ordering it anyways without the tow technology package since some of the features originally advertised with it aren’t coming with it anyways.

WildCanuck

Reaction score
Just got an update from FCA, and not only is the Towing Tech. Group not available across all 2500/3500 trims. But for whatever reason, while having the 12" display selected you are not able to select the Center High-Mounted Stop Light w/camera option. All of this is hurting my head.

Is anyone in the states having this problem?

sasbowtie91

Reaction score
That is similar to what I saw in the US around the beginning of the month when ordering my 3500 Laramie.

WildCanuck

Reaction score
So I guess I'll have to just wait until next month to order my Powerwagon...

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
But for whatever reason, while having the 12" display selected you are not able to select the Center High-Mounted Stop Light w/camera option. All of this is hurting my head.

Welp, I guess I'll find out when I pick up the truck as I have the Limited and the TTG which should include the camera...

redwinelvr

Reaction score
My PowerWagon was ordered with that combination and so far I have not heard otherwise. It took over a week for the order to get finalized because of some issue, but the dealer was able to work it out through an FCA rep at the time.

pd1072

Reaction score
I ordered my 2500 Laramie with the 12” screen and towing tech group without issue. Now that I have it I’m not sure how I lived without it in the past.

bobohio

Reaction score
Just got an update from FCA, and not only is the Towing Tech. Group not available across all 2500/3500 trims. But for whatever reason, while having the 12" display selected you are not able to select the Center High-Mounted Stop Light w/camera option. All of this is hurting my head.

I have the 12 inch and brake light cam on mine...3500 black edition with tow tech group

Reaction score
Every Power Wagon review video I've seen has the Towing Tech group and the 12 display (unless they're Tradesman versions), and there's a number on dealer lots with that combo that show interior shots of the vehicle with the 360 camera activated which is only available on Towing Tech group.

I'm confused as to why anybody would say it's not available across the entire 2500 line? Maybe just a Canadian thing?

WildCanuck

Reaction score
I spoke with FCA and they are unclear why it isnt available. They believe it might be program error and it should be resolved soon hopefully. So in the long run, no real answers.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I just got a tracking number. Looks like the trailer camera prep package shipped early!

Awesome! Let us know how the install goes and if it is something you think the end user can install or if it has to be done at the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread