Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

arwright

Reaction score
i also ordered my 3500 mid january with the towing technology pcakge. the trailer tire monitoring and trailer back up cameras were major incentives to buy this truck. I just noticed in this forum that they were taken out of the towing technology package? Any updates from anyone on how we can get it back? Is the software included and we simply need the hardware? has anyone made any progress with FCA on the issue?

Looks like they were "taken out" but now included with the Limited Level 1 package, so if you have that you should be good. Are you still waiting for your 3500 from a January order?

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Looks like they were "taken out" but now included with the Limited Level 1 package, so if you have that you should be good.
Would you share your source where you saw that the trailer tire monitoring and trailer back up cameras have been added to the Limited Level 1 package? I pray that you are right as I thought it was going to mid to late summer before those two components were added back into the Towing Technology Group (AAN).

Don-T

Reaction score
Looks like they were "taken out" but now included with the Limited Level 1 package, so if you have that you should be good. Are you still waiting for your 3500 from a January order?
Are you saying the trailer camera and tire pressure monitors are only available in the Limited trims, not the Longhorn? When I ordered my Longhorn they were part of the towing technology group in the Longhorn trim. I ordered on 2.2 and the truck was built on 3.14.

arwright

Reaction score
Would you share your source where you saw that the trailer tire monitoring and trailer back up cameras have been added to the Limited Level 1 package? I pray that you are right as I thought it was going to mid to late summer before those two components were added back into the Towing Technology Group (AAN).

I don't have a written source. Only what the dealer said as they read off what was included in the Limited Level 1 as I ordered it. The told me it was included in that group and read off the items previously listed in the towing tech group.

jpaeth

Reaction score
Are you saying the trailer camera and tire pressure monitors are only available in the Limited trims, not the Longhorn? When I ordered my Longhorn they were part of the towing technology group in the Longhorn trim. I ordered on 2.2 and the truck was built on 3.14.
That would be supremely disappointing since RAM marketed ALL trailering options as being available across all trim levels.

Don-T

Reaction score
That would be supremely disappointing since RAM marketed ALL trailering options as being available across all trim levels.
It surely would be disappointing. I can live without the camera on the back of the camper but I was looking forward to having the tire pressure monitors on the camper tires.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
It may mean that it is automatically included in Limited Trim and only available as an option in lower trims.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
It may mean that it is automatically included in Limited Trim and only available as an option in lower trims.
I don't think the trailer camera and tire pressure monitors have been included in any builds since the late February update to the Order Guide. I have a sneaking suspicion that what the dealer read to arwright was old information and no longer accurate.

regal2800

Reaction score
i spoke with FCA customer service today and they said the trailer camera and trailer tire pressure monitor do not show up as a feature of towing tech. I think management just brushed it under the table and the guys we speak to dont even know what TTPMS even is.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
i spoke with FCA customer service today and they said the trailer camera and trailer tire pressure monitor do not show up as a feature of towing tech.
As is typical, dealer sales people just don't keep up with all of the manufacturing changes that occur over a product's life cycle, especially at launch. The amount of misinformation I received from various dealers was just astonishing and caveat emptor remains alive and well in the automobile/truck industry. With that said, consumers who ordered their trucks prior to the Feb 26 Order Guide update definitely have a legitimate beef. I for one just hope it's an easy software update to UConnect once the Mopar parts become available later this summer.

regal2800

Reaction score
As is typical, dealer sales people just don't keep up with all of the manufacturing changes that occur over a product's life cycle, especially at launch. The amount of misinformation I received from various dealers was just astonishing and caveat emptor remains alive and well in the automobile/truck industry. With that said, consumers who ordered their trucks prior to the Feb 26 Order Guide update definitely have a legitimate beef. I for one just hope it's an easy software update to UConnect once the Mopar parts become available later this summer.

ya but who do we argue with? The people at customer service really have no clue what they are talking about.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Early adopters over on the 5thGEN 1500 forum got nowhere with FCA with a similar situation.... I wish you the best of luck, but doubt you will get far (or much).

jpaeth

Reaction score
Have we actually had anyone definitively confirm that these features aren't included on the early built trucks? I'm still seeing an awful lot of review videos that mention the trailer tire pressure monitor system.. not the trailer camera as much.. but just wondering if we are just speculating at this point.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been trying to keep up withthis and get a thought about this.
Says it is a part of the Driver Informarion Digital Information Display.

And the available part is...your trailer having the system...so my thought is it is standard.
So the TTPMS is standard as this quote from one of our articles says...
For example, Tire Pressure Monitoring, which can monitor up to six tires on the pickup, now includes trailer tire pressure monitoring for up to 12 trailer tires.
The auxiliary trailer camera is not included and has to be purchased separately. The ability for the truck to see it should be standard with the 8.4" or 12" screen.

I would venture to guess on a limited...this stuff becomes standard with a Level group...which I have seen stated.

Now, I saw somewhere that the tow technology group adds a 12 pin trailer plug...and here is the quote from one of our articles...

On vehicles equipped with the optional auxiliary camera prep package, the standard 4/7-pin bumper connector is replaced with a 12/7-pin connector to support the remote camera option (available Mopar accessory).

jpaeth

Reaction score
There's an underbody walk around video on youtube, and at one point he finds what looks like a receiver inside the rear bumper.... now he speculates it s a key receiver, which it could be to unlock the tailgate via prox key, but maybe a TTPMS receiver?? I hope so. Here's the vid

arwright

Reaction score
I don't think the trailer camera and tire pressure monitors have been included in any builds since the late February update to the Order Guide. I have a sneaking suspicion that what the dealer read to arwright was old information and no longer accurate.

I am of the same opinion from my research with the exception of your last statement which the 12 pin connector is included with the towing tech group. From my understanding the 12 pin connector is part of a “auxiliary camera prep group” separate from the towing tech prep group.

The kicker is I don’t believe the aux prep group has been made available yet. It may be later down the road or for us early adopters, an available purchase we may need to make.

Here is a link to what I believe is the prep group we will have to purchase...

http://www.moparonlineparts.com/mobile/trailer-camera-vehicle-prep-25003500-p-9089.html

Here is the part number for the camera which is not available yet... 82215770AB

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
In my search for 12 pin plug....it seems it is a very new setup. Australia is the only place I got info from.

I would assume you would just buy the same monitor that is in the truck tires.

I was thinking the new trailers have these? Maybe I am wrong.

And I would assume your are going to have to put a 12 pin connector on your trailer...and ultimately any camera would work...?

Looks like another multi function tailgate and bed step ordeal.

tastysuds

Reaction score
I ordered my Power Wagon with just about every option. I think I may pick it up Wednesday. I will see if it has any extra connectors in the back and I will check the dash setup to see if it has any tire monitor settings beside s for the truck.

WildCanuck

Reaction score
Anyone in Canada able to order a HD with this option, was jut told by 2 dealers near me that it is not available on their order site. But once again what you can build on the ram site and what the dealer can actually order are two different things...

Users who are viewing this thread