Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
My suggestion... make sure your truck was built with it as ordered before ordering additional items! My new ride was ordered with trailer tech group, which included camera prep and trailer tire monitor. However FCA made change to order guide after order was placed and accepted. The result, no prep package nor trailer tire monitor. This is a complete deal breaker for me. The trailer tire monitor was honestly one of the few things I was looking forward to as my 2017 DRW had everything but engine upgrade, safety group and trailer tech group. Waiting on FCA to respond. My question is, how would others react? Truck ordered on 2/09, guide used was dated 01/31. Guide updated 02/26, truck built 02/26! Needless to say a bit bummed as you can imagine.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Did you watch any video showing the new tow technology group at work. You can watch down either side of your trailer both backing into your spot, or navigating through small towns. Awesome.

I think TFL had that video showing how you can see down the side at different angles.
Do either of you have a link to the video? I can't find it on the TFL YouTube channel.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
This site says not available for the 2019

Not available as of yet. But, the GREAT news is that you found an order code for the Auxiliary Camera Prep Package (XFQ). That is the first time I've actually seen the order code.

My suggestion... make sure your truck was built with it as ordered before ordering additional items!
Thanks Jazdad. I will definitely make sure it's on my sales order. If you wouldn't have posted, I would have just assumed we all had to wait and have the dealer order/install the part.

If what happened to you, happened to me, I would be beyond ticked off. Seems so unfair!

D

Deleted member 80

The view down the sides of the trailer that can be panned out or in are generated by the cameras on the truck, not by the Aux Camera, if I understand the video correctly. This is critical to me, as my toy hauler is 102" wide, plus it has the awning on the curb side. With the tow mirrors flipped out I still can't see a dang thing down the right side of the trailer. Makes passing and merging very difficult. Very difficult to check curb clearance, as only the spot mirror has a prayer of showing it, and it is on the small side to have any clarity for my old eyes.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Hey Gondul... I just realized you also found the part # for the rear auxiliary camera too; 82215770AB. Well done!

Thanks for the video link. Will watch it now.

orlando bull

Reaction score
My suggestion... make sure your truck was built with it as ordered before ordering additional items! My new ride was ordered with trailer tech group, which included camera prep and trailer tire monitor. However FCA made change to order guide after order was placed and accepted. The result, no prep package nor trailer tire monitor. This is a complete deal breaker for me. The trailer tire monitor was honestly one of the few things I was looking forward to as my 2017 DRW had everything but engine upgrade, safety group and trailer tech group. Waiting on FCA to respond. My question is, how would others react? Truck ordered on 2/09, guide used was dated 01/31. Guide updated 02/26, truck built 02/26! Needless to say a bit bummed as you can imagine.

Are you saying you didn't get the towing tech group, or, that those items are not included in the package? FCA and dealer need to make it right somehow with add-ons.

I too will be quite disappointed if these are not included. I have an email in to Mopar, but doubt I'll get a response.

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
Are you saying you didn't get the towing tech group, or, that those items are not included in the package? FCA and dealer need to make it right somehow with add-ons.

I too will be quite disappointed if these are not included. I have an email in to Mopar, but doubt I'll get a response.
Truck was ordered with trailer technology package. At time of order the package included the 2 items I listed. They changed package so after 2/26 it didn’t include the camera prep and trailer tire monitor. As of know I’m waiting on engineering to advise me if trailer tire monitor can be added via software and module install?? Camera prep can be added via kit discussed in this thread. FCA immediately took responsibility and asked if missing equipment could be installed at dealer level. However no one at this point is for sure what is needed, including myself! I will share my feelings, I will not accept 1, its just gonna be that way. 2, refund for package, I placed order and it was accepted as ordered therefore I’m not responsible for the shortage. It just literally took the steam out of my engine when 15 minutes off the truck I noticed the screen option for towing was MIA along with no as mentioned additional wire harness for plug and play.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Truck was ordered with trailer technology package. At time of order the package included the 2 items I listed. They changed package so after 2/26 it didn’t include the camera prep and trailer tire monitor. As of know I’m waiting on engineering to advise me if trailer tire monitor can be added via software and module install?? Camera prep can be added via kit discussed in this thread. FCA immediately took responsibility and asked if missing equipment could be installed at dealer level. However no one at this point is for sure what is needed, including myself! I will share my feelings, I will not accept 1, its just gonna be that way. 2, refund for package, I placed order and it was accepted as ordered therefore I’m not responsible for the shortage. It just literally took the steam out of my engine when 15 minutes off the truck I noticed the screen option for towing was MIA along with no as mentioned additional wire harness for plug and play.

Keep us posted, a lot of us are going to be in the same boat. To the best of my knowledge, you can't even order those items, so, they advertised features that are not even available. I probably don't have anything close to in writing that would cover me, so, I'll need your guidance to see how they resolve it.

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
Keep us posted, a lot of us are going to be in the same boat. To the best of my knowledge, you can't even order those items, so, they advertised features that are not even available. I probably don't have anything close to in writing that would cover me, so, I'll need your guidance to see how they resolve it.
I will share my experience acceptable or exceptional with the forum. FYI the sales order book as been changed 4 times since Jan 31! I truly fear I’m not alone. Just Coincidental that truck was built the same day as the revision. I have complete confidence that FCA will make this whole. On a good note, she hit 1000 miles this evening. Couldn’t be happier with everything else. Even the Mrs. commented on the boost in power without being prompted. It’s that noticeable. Also all should note this new engine requires 10w30 oil. Factory fill is Rotella per the service manual.

dmathes3

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find out when the aux camera will be available or price?

I talked to my dealer last week about ordering one of these. They had to do some digging but they say the camera will not be available until August or September and pricing has not been released as of yet.

orlando bull

Reaction score
I got a response from Mopar, basically, they checked my VIN, truck hasn't been built yet, so, they are closing the case and I can contact them again when the truck is built.

I emailed them back with a more direct inquiry, got a bounce back that my case is closed. Going to copy paste that in a new email to them and see what happens... Funny, the site is not letting my email go through right now. Good times.

Jazdad, any update on your end?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
While I hope you get resolution, I'm going to guess packages weren't 'finalized' and you won't get much of anything other than frustration... this seems similar to the issue many people had with the 'tow mirror' debacle over on the 1500 Board.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score

Don-T

Reaction score
I am hoping the programming is already in the truck for the trailer camera as well as the trailer tire air pressure monitoring. If it is we can install the hardware when it is available and enable it in the truck. If the programming is not already there it may not be possible to do later.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
If the programming is not already there it may not be possible to do later.
My biggest fear. If we end up having to go with a third party solution with a separate screen to display the camera I'm going to be beyond ticked off.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
On Limited models the Towing Technology Group (Code: AAN) is no longer able to be ordered separately as it is now included in the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group (A69).

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
On Limited models the Towing Technology Group (Code: AAN) is no longer able to be ordered separately as it is now included in the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group (A69).

Wonder if the pricing changed....

EDIT

Nope, no change.

Last edited:

regal2800

Reaction score
i also ordered my 3500 mid january with the towing technology pcakge. the trailer tire monitoring and trailer back up cameras were major incentives to buy this truck. I just noticed in this forum that they were taken out of the towing technology package? Any updates from anyone on how we can get it back? Is the software included and we simply need the hardware? has anyone made any progress with FCA on the issue?

Users who are viewing this thread