Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing information

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
If you find a dealer listing with a window sticker, or that includes the VIN, just copy the VIN and paste it into the Ram Towing & Payload calculator, which is supposedly VIN specific.

It isnt even close...unless you got a Tradesman.

But the 2500/3500 is more realistic than the 1500.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
If you find a dealer listing with a window sticker, or that includes the VIN, just copy the VIN and paste it into the Ram Towing & Payload calculator, which is supposedly VIN specific.

Thanks, but "supposed to be" is the operative phrase in this case.
It was discussed on the 5thGen board a bit ago.... despite asking for the VIN, it just gives you the #s from the towing guide.
A bit of a fail on their part...

It shows my 1500 as 1780lbs.... door sticker reads 1310 lbs.

texas.yankee

Reaction score
Boy, i can not wait til you get that info.

Mega cab 2500 are 3.73 axle only and currently only 4x4 (according to dealership training manual). Towing with the Cummins is 16,520 lbs. (again according to training manual). This is what I was told by Dillion's.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Mega cab 2500 are 3.73 axle only and currently only 4x4 (according to dealership training manual). Towing with the Cummins is 16,520 lbs. (again according to training manual). This is what I was told by Dillion's.
I assuming you are talking about a Cummins Mega Cab? All Cummins, with the exception of Dual Rear wheels are 3.73.

That said it was interesting to me that a Mega Cab is only available in 4wd...but if they only offer 3.73 with the 6.4l, that would be interesting also.

Thanks for the info.

texas.yankee

Reaction score
I assuming you are talking about a Cummins Mega Cab? All Cummins, with the exception of Dual Rear wheels are 3.73.

That said it was interesting to me that a Mega Cab is only available in 4wd...but if they only offer 3.73 with the 6.4l, that would be interesting also.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I should have been more clear. 3.73 and 4x4 in Cummins mega cab 2500 so your statement is the more accurate way to put it. The 4.10 is available with the Hemi (Power Wagon I believe is 4.10 but I wasn't asking the dealership about the gasser so that's just info from the interwebs).

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
So on my New 3500 I need to order by Monday, with or without air suspension. Leaning to WITH for smoother ride when not towing. Then with 3.73 or 4.10??
RV has 2280 payload and 12800 total. Haven’t tried to tow 22 Ft boat behind it. 698

Users who are viewing this thread