Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow/Haul Mode turning off every engine cycle

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
You have to Push the button every time. It cycles off and I do not believe any of the aftermarket readers can change that.

Unless I missed but alot have asked this

2Many12Valves

Reaction score
well on my 21HO looks like I’ll have to push the tow haul button 7 to 10 times a day, that’s probably not a big deal for most owners. I work my truck every day and I’m in and out of the truck constantly having to hit the button every single time is going to get old fast. RAM please give us a selector switch thanks!

Attachments

• B80CF3AB-E768-4431-86DF-C20E3598D6F0.jpeg
    B80CF3AB-E768-4431-86DF-C20E3598D6F0.jpeg
    544.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

kobra

Reaction score
well on my 21HO looks like I’ll have to push the tow haul button 7 to 10 times a day what a bummer!!
It would be nice to see "little things" like this addressed in new MY or as firmware updates. Especially as RAM keep expanding the options in the onboard screens, I'd like to see many of these things as options to be selected.
For example, when I follow the AlpaODB threads, I keep wondering why those aftermarket products are even necessary. Why not incorporate some of them from the factory?

@RamCares - is this something that can be escalated as a suggestion? Thanks in advance for anything you can comment on.

B

Nick

Reaction score
oOn my 2020 it has to be hit every time but the exhaust brake will say on when the trailer is hooked up . Same with my 14. I have always wondered why the tranny can't stay in tow haul mode when hooked up . More than once have I forgotten to go back to TH when towing .

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Thanks for tagging us @kobra and bringing this to our attention. I can definitely send some development feedback to the appropriate teams! If you don't mind, I'd like to get it formally documented so I have your suggestion in its entirety. Whenever you get the chance, please send us a private message with your VIN and detailed suggestion. I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Courtney
Ram Cares

RossT

Reaction score
I believe it can be set to always on or last state in EFI Live.

thestuarts

Reaction score
Keep a trailer attached mine stays on as long as the trailer is on same with the exhaust brake

My truck remembers the settings when my trailer is plugged into the bumper electrical outlet, but it doesn't remember the settings when the same trailer is plugged into the electrical outlet in the bed.

I made a YouTube video demonstrating the bad behavior when plugged into the bed outlet.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My truck remembers the settings when my trailer is plugged into the bumper electrical outlet, but it doesn't remember the settings when the same trailer is plugged into the electrical outlet in the bed.

I made a YouTube video demonstrating the bad behavior when plugged into the bed outlet.

Its hit an miss on mine i find now sometimes it stays on sometimes not thats with both the bed and bumper plug.....

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

It doesn't make sense. Aren't they both electrically the same (minus perhaps some infinitesimal resistance/current value?)

thestuarts

Reaction score
It doesn't make sense. Aren't they both electrically the same (minus perhaps some infinitesimal resistance/current value?)

It is weird. I can't think of a logical explanation, but other people have reported the same behavior.

I suspect this is something that was fixed after my mid-year 2019 like they fixed the blunt-cut AUX wires at the rear of the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread