Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took Ownership of a 2019 RAM HD

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have received your truck, please post here.

Include Model(2500,3500, etc.), Trim(Tradesman, Limited, etc ) engine/transmission, 4x2/4x4, Cab/bed configuration, rear gear, Single/Dual rear wheels, and as specific as you want about options.

Let us know if you ordered and about your wait and when you picked up.

If you bought off the lot, let us know that.

Include your truck price (no need for trades or taxes, etc.)

And post your payload number from door jamb.

And of course a pic of your new HD will be appreciated also.

No other discussion, just the facts once you get your Heavy duty.

Thank you. MUCH APPRECIATED.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
MMMMMMMMMMMM, Power Wagon goodness! Very very nice! You're gonna love it!

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been slow to post this as we have been somewhat busy, but here tis:

Taken the day I bought it:

20190311_153348-X2.jpg

It is a 392 Tradesman with vinyl interior, no carpet, Cc, Pw, Pm, TT mirrors, Trailer Brake Control, and some other stuff.

MSRP - $44,000 and some change
Cost - Invoice less holdback. Don't remember the exact amount

Payload:

20190312_134232-X2.jpg

Actual weighed payload from empty and dry is about 3400#.

It is very quiet, gets excellent fuel economy, drives like a dream, and at least to this point, is the best truck I've ever owned.

regal2800

Reaction score
i ordered my 3500 mega cab mid january, picked it up couple weeks ago. i came from a 2016 2500 and wow what an upgrade. Very happy with this new version.

arwright

Reaction score
i ordered my 3500 mega cab mid january, picked it up couple weeks ago. i came from a 2016 2500 and wow what an upgrade. Very happy with this new version.

What is your payload on it? I ordered a 3500 Megacab Limited 6.7L.... curious what the final numbers will look like.

jkempken

Reaction score
@crzysnake137 would you please post the tire and loading sticker in that forum please. Truck looks Killer though. Only think missing is Ramboxes!!!

crzysnake137

Reaction score
@crzysnake137 would you please post the tire and loading sticker in that forum please. Truck looks Killer though. Only think missing is Ramboxes!!!

Will do!

savaytse66

Reaction score
We'll, here she is. Very good buying experience. I'll snap the payload sticker later, but, it is 3,919lb. Got one next to the outgoing f150 as well.

Which blue is that? It looks much brighter than the blue 2500 I looked at in my dealer's lot. Your looks a lot like my current Sierra. While I like it quite a lot, but I never like to get the same color twice in a row, so I had dismissed it. But my dealer had a blue (2019 2500 Bighorn) that seemed darker, more Navy. Did they have the Patriot, while you have the Blue Streak?

Great looking truck, BTW.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Which blue is that? It looks much brighter than the blue 2500 I looked at in my dealer's lot. Your looks a lot like my current Sierra. While I like it quite a lot, but I never like to get the same color twice in a row, so I had dismissed it. But my dealer had a blue (2019 2500 Bighorn) that seemed darker, more Navy. Did they have the Patriot, while you have the Blue Streak?

Great looking truck, BTW.

I think you hit the nail on the head... Mine is blue streak. The patriot blue isn't as close to navy as the old "true blue", but, it's also not as bright as blue streak. I really love this color, it makes me happy every time I see it.

As an update... I had to do some driving for work today, so, put about 100 miles on the truck today alone. Initial thoughts...

• Love the interior, the fit and finish seem really good compared to my F150 platinum that was a little bit of plastic overload for such an expensive truck.
  • The 3500 ride is definitely more harsh than the old 150, but, honestly not as bad as I anticipated. I test drove an '18 to be sure before ordering, but, my real use today give me a better feel for it.
  • Fuel mileage in my travels today (70% highway/30% stop and go) is sitting right at 16.4-ish... It's way too soon to think that is close to a real number, and, it's the EVIC number, dealer fueled it up, so, I won't be able to hand calc until a couple tanks from now because I am towing this weekend.
  • I actually had a random stranger walk over to me on a job site to tell me how bad a-- he thought my truck was and how good it sounded when I drove by him.
  • As expected, much taller than my 150, putting me in the oversize lot at work instead of the garage with 6'8" clearance. I was prepared, so, not a big deal.
  • Feels very powerful all around. It just seems to do whatever I want speed wise with ease.
  • Transmission (68RFE) feels good. Smooth shifts, no complaints
  • Overall, I really love this truck. My wife asked me last night if I was going to sleep in it... I didn't, but, it was tempting. Coming from 4 rams, then a brief switch to ford, it feels good to be home.

And, I apologize, I still haven't snapped that payload picture, but, I'll try to get it this evening.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Will that monster fit in the garage?

Appreciate you posting the payload picture over in the other topic when you get around to it.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Will that monster fit in the garage?

Appreciate you posting the payload picture over in the other topic when you get around to it.

Posted payload sticker over there.

So far, my truck hasn't met a garage it will fit in! My work garage doesn't have the height, it's only 6'8", most around here are 7', so, I think I'll fit in those. I still have to really check the work one, wasn't brave enough for that today. Based on specs alone, I should have 0.2' of clearance!

House garage isn't long enough. Probably not enough height there either.

crzysnake137

Reaction score
Finally had a free moment in my busy schedule to snap some pics. So far I'm extremely happy with the truck. only thing that seems to bother me so far is a little bluetooth glitch that plays the music from my phone when im trying to stream from youtube music or pandora. but works fine plugged into usb. Other then that this truck is a pure ANIMAL231232233234235

Users who are viewing this thread