Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took my exhaust to junk yard

Bocephus

Reaction score
Took my dpf filter system to two junk yards and both said they was worth zero! Just putting my experience out there cause I googled prices and couldn’t find anything. And yes I don’t wanna hear hang on to it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Took my dpf filter system to two junk yards and both said they was worth zero! Just putting my experience out there cause I googled prices and couldn’t find anything. And yes I don’t wanna hear hang on to it.
Yea DPF systems are worthless for scrap but post it on your local buy and sell and im sure you can get at least 1000$ for it

Bocephus

Reaction score
I only have the second and third piece The first piece with the down pipe flange I hollowed out and used for my exhaust. I used a 51” Donaldson muffler so I only needs some adapters and a scrap piece of 5 inch 18” long

Bocephus

Reaction score
Used factory tailpipe. Got crap mud tires and I’m up to 22.3 mpg now with stock tune. I was 18. This is unloaded and driving flat land 30 minutes back and forth to work in a 55 mph roads

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Used factory tailpipe. Got crap mud tires and I’m up to 22.3 mpg now with stock tune. I was 18. This is unloaded and driving flat land 30 minutes back and forth to work in a 55 mph roads
Dont say that on CF they all say there is no millage gains blaw blaw blaw lol… why not use a flow pro or P1 race pipe? I know its hard to get in the US is that why?

Bocephus

Reaction score
I guess I’m old but I wanted my truck to be really quite still. I don’t wanna wake the house at 4 when I leave for work and I don’t wanna bother my autistic daughters ears when we’re driving. My research led me to a to the Donaldson for the best flow and least noise

Bocephus

Reaction score
Also I guess I’m tight, I didn’t wanna spend all the money on just a down pipe and cut half of it out when I’m using a muffler over 4 ft long

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I guess I’m old but I wanted my truck to be really quite still. I don’t wanna wake the house at 4 when I leave for work and I don’t wanna bother my autistic daughters ears when we’re driving. My research led me to a to the Donaldson for the best flow and least noise
I plan on running the donaldson as well how much louder than OEM?

I am keeping my stock exhaust so i can reinstall it for annual emission testing if i do decide to go commercial again

Bocephus

Reaction score
The muffler is awesome. Just as quite as factory basically. When u start in the garage I can hear a little rumble. PM ur number and I’ll text u some videos

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a Donaldson on my 04.5 HO.

As to the emissions exhaust stuff there's usually someone trying to return to stock and willing to pay $$$.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The muffler is awesome. Just as quite as factory basically. When u start in the garage I can hear a little rumble. PM ur number and I’ll text u some videos
I did PM you but never got a reply

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Also I guess I’m tight, I didn’t wanna spend all the money on just a down pipe and cut half of it out when I’m using a muffler over 4 ft long
I put my Donaldson m085171 on this evening its quieter than stock other than a touch more of turbo sound than stock but the exhaust note is almost non existent! My wife loves it, my older self likes it, my inner teenager hates it lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread