Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titan fuel tank install

Texasram1

Reaction score
Ive seen a few videos of the install on ytube, but dont think I could easily do it w/o a lift. As such, whats a fair price for a titan 50gal tank + installation on a mega cab?

Thx

thecastle

Reaction score
You can do it without a lift, the installer I used did. They had them, but didn't need it. I paid $400 to remove the old tank, transfer fuel between tanks, install titan tank and dispose of the old tank. The installer took about 2.5 hours to complete the job.

MegaStro

Reaction score
Would love to do this but I see people have issues with fuel gauge and hydro lock? What kind of dealers would do this work? Is it plug and play with current equipment? Thank you ahead of time.

Texasram1

Reaction score
The fuel gauge will read “F” until the additional 19 gallons are used. Some had had success in reprogramming the BCM to the larger tank size.

Never heard of a hydro lock issue on a larger tank.

ARR

Reaction score
I installed a Titan tank in my driveway. I was 61 at the time and was very sore the next day but it was worth it. The hardest part for me was figuring out how to unplug the connectors on the sending unit. I used a floor jack and I had to buy a metric deep well socket for the strap nut. I would do it again if I bought a new truck.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
i was quoted $400 by a shop to install mine. I did it myself in my driveway with the truck on ramps in the rear. took about 3 hours. it would be faster if I did another. overall not too bad but would help to have a second set of hands.

RAM_GA

Reaction score
Hi,

what did y’all do with the old OEM fuel tank?
Can you sell it or did you keep it

thanks,
Mike

thecastle

Reaction score
It would depend on if you want to remove the tank and go back to stock. I had mine thrown away. a) there isn't a huge market for used fuel tanks, b) it takes up a lot of room to store so if space is a consideration.... I have no plans to remove the titan and go back to stock so it was disposed of.

kirk-35

Reaction score
I installed a Titan tank in my driveway. I was 61 at the time and was very sore the next day but it was worth it. The hardest part for me was figuring out how to unplug the connectors on the sending unit. I used a floor jack and I had to buy a metric deep well socket for the strap nut. I would do it again if I bought a new truck.
I agree, I installed the Titan in my ’22 CCSB in the driveway with a floor jack. Just run the fuel level down as low as possible prior to replacing.

smorgan1701e

Reaction score
Ive seen a few videos of the install on ytube, but dont think I could easily do it w/o a lift. As such, whats a fair price for a titan 50gal tank + installation on a mega cab?

Thx
I had a 60 gallon S&B tank installed on my 2019 3500 crew cab with a long bed for 2000 total including the cost of the tank. Love the extra range.

Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of before and after of the Titan or S&B installed from side view? Specifically the 50/52 gal for 6’4 bed.
Trying to see how much lower it sits vs stock and how much of a hazard it is for off roading. Thanks.

ARR

Reaction score
See post #5.

RAM_GA

Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of before and after of the Titan or S&B installed from side view? Specifically the 50/52 gal for 6’4 bed.
Trying to see how much lower it sits vs stock and how much of a hazard it is for off roading. Thanks.
This is my new Titan. Not lower at all.

Attachments

• IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    360.2 KB · Views: 36
Reaction score
It definitely is lower. I'll have to take a pic of mine. I have a before shot just need an after. I'd say you lose about 1.5 inches of clearance. It's not huge imo but it is there.
It definitely is lower. I'll have to take a pic of mine. I have a before shot just need an after. I'd say you lose about 1.5 inches of clearance. It's not huge imo but it is there.
See post #5.
Thanks for sharing. I definitely want to pull the trigger on one of these. Still going back and forth between the S&B and the titan. Seeing which sits more flush and closer. According to this one review (not sure how trustworthy this is), the titan has a bulge vs the S&B and the S&B has some baffles to help sloshing so I think I’m leaning towards that. See screenshots of review I’m talking about which references this.
Also S&B informed me that the computer adjustment to change DTE does not work on 23&24 models.

Attachments

• IMG_3334.png
    IMG_3334.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3333.png
    IMG_3333.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 41

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I definitely want to pull the trigger on one of these. Still going back and forth between the S&B and the titan. Seeing which sits more flush and closer. According to this one review (not sure how trustworthy this is), the titan has a bulge vs the S&B and the S&B has some baffles to help sloshing so I think I’m leaning towards that. See screenshots of review I’m talking about which references this.
Also S&B informed me that the computer adjustment to change DTE does not work on 23&24 models.
There is a video on YouTube of a guy that installed the Titan and then got rid of it to install the s&b because of the bulge. It's what made me decide on going s&b.

Users who are viewing this thread