Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titan Fuel Tank.... For a HEMI!

Grayson

Reaction score
Titan will not do anything for a gasoline powered vehicle. Transfer flow has for Toyota and Ford.

I believe Transfer Flow is working on a solution for the 34 gallon tank found on the Ford Super Duty's with a 7.3 and/or equipped with the Tremor package.

Emissions and EPA certification is both hard and expensive so to make a replacement gas tank the numbers have to make sense. Toyota didn't update the Tundra for over 10 years, Ford sells a lot more trucks than Ram. I believe the price will be $1,999 when the 7.3 gas tank is released and it may be 48 gallon. A lot of people want one but don't want to spend 2k for 12-14 gallons.

Besides personal bad experiences this is why I would never own a Silverado 1500 again; 24 gallons on a crew cab is horrible.

Aaandroger

Reaction score
Lusted over a fuel tank swap over on the 1500 forum. If this swap is anything like that endeavor, there are multiple, other parts required; not just the tank.

Bigger Vapor canister and lines, fuel lines, additional fuel tank strap (if the frame bracket is there), fuel pump, etc.

The fuel pump is only required when swapping the 23 gallon tank for the 33 gallon tank.

But, alphaobd can adjust the setting for the bigger tank.

I am really looking forward to someone figuring this out. I am not the smartest when cross referencing parts diagrams..

tla90

Reaction score
Lusted over a fuel tank swap over on the 1500 forum. If this swap is anything like that endeavor, there are multiple, other parts required; not just the tank.

Bigger Vapor canister and lines, fuel lines, additional fuel tank strap (if the frame bracket is there), fuel pump, etc.

The fuel pump is only required when swapping the 23 gallon tank for the 33 gallon tank.

But, alphaobd can adjust the setting for the bigger tank.

I am really looking forward to someone figuring this out. I am not the smartest when cross referencing parts diagrams..
Not an easy swap at all. Gonna have to get at it Sunday. All I was able to do this afternoon was take out the fender liner and driveshaft, but the additional venting will be something I need to sort out. There is a vent mounted forward of the sending unit in the tank, but no spot for it on the Titan tank. I need to do some head scratching once I drop the OEM one.

This is pretty ridiculous considering there is a good 1.5ft of empty space in front of the factory tank. There is plenty enough room to have a bigger one.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Not an easy swap at all. Gonna have to get at it Sunday. All I was able to do this afternoon was take out the fender liner and driveshaft, but the additional venting will be something I need to sort out. There is a vent mounted forward of the sending unit in the tank, but no spot for it on the Titan tank. I need to do some head scratching once I drop the OEM one.

This is pretty ridiculous considering there is a good 1.5ft of empty space in front of the factory tank. There is plenty enough room to have a bigger one.

Look at the bright side. Even if you get never ending Evap Emissions failure codes from this modification you’ll still be able to drive the truck!!! No limp mode for emissions crap on a gasser!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
So.. over in FB land someone posted they got this all installed on a Crew Cab Short bed.
The tank is 48 gallons.... he's not sure why there are two fuel pumps listed... work was done at dealer (labor was about $1k)

272694654_2702188986593838_8076112549157788128_n.jpg

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
So.. over in FB land someone posted they got this all installed on a Crew Cab Short bed.
The tank is 48 gallons.... he's not sure why there are two fuel pumps listed... work was done at dealer (labor was about $1k)

272694654_2702188986593838_8076112549157788128_n.jpg
I had my dealer go off of https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-fuel-tank-68534615ab - They developed a parts list simliar to the one above; came to about 1300 before labor, but he warns Mopar only takes returns if it's never been attempted to be installed. So I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet - Very tempted to , especially after seeing this. (Maybe i can talk wife into Pro Charger and sneak this in there)

Speaking of Pro Charger, dealer said another Power Wagon owner is putting on his through their aftermarket department. It has all the upgrades - about 13k.

kanabram

Reaction score
This post is helpful. I was planning on ordering a 2022 2500 Tradesman 6.4 CCSB but it is because of this that I might order a 3500 C&C SWB instead as it is offered with a 50 gallon tank located where the spare tire would normally go. I was just hoping for the better ride that the 2500 offered over the leaf spring 3500.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I had my dealer go off of https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-fuel-tank-68534615ab - They developed a parts list simliar to the one above; came to about 1300 before labor, but he warns Mopar only takes returns if it's never been attempted to be installed. So I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet - Very tempted to , especially after seeing this. (Maybe i can talk wife into Pro Charger and sneak this in there)

Speaking of Pro Charger, dealer said another Power Wagon owner is putting on his through their aftermarket department. It has all the upgrades - about 13k.

I can understand not wanting to accept parts that have been attempted be installed...
All I can say is that's the only post/comment I've seen anywhere that someone claims to have installed the larger tank... and yeah, I'm very tempted as well!

PapaJoe

Reaction score
If anyone on here attempts the swap referenced above please please update this thread ASAP! I will have my 2022 Power Wagon within two weeks and VERY much interested in finding out if this swap is feasible and effective.

tla90

Reaction score
Titan tank will not work. Seems like Stellantis thought it was a good idea to only put the supply line on the sending unit. The other grey module is the vent/return line, and it is molded into the tank. It would work if the sending unit had the return line going to it

IpLQFTH.jpg width=250

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Titan tank will not work. Seems like Stellantis thought it was a good idea to only put the supply line on the sending unit. The other grey module is the vent/return line, and it is molded into the tank. It would work if the sending unit had the return line going to it

Welp.... at least we know for sure now that the diesel tanks simply won't work.
So we're back to possibly getting a retro fit the parts I posted earlier...

tla90

Reaction score
Welp.... at least we know for sure now that the diesel tanks simply won't work.
So we're back to possibly getting a retro fit the parts I posted earlier...
Would be nice to have pictures or specs of the 48gal one. Parts diagram doesn't look anything like my tank. Might possibly try that route after I sell the Titan tank

Metternacht

Reaction score
Someone check me on something, I have read that it is legal most places to have an aux tank for gas mounted in the bed and plumbed into the fuel system for non commercial vehicles, the important part is that the tank must be drawn from the top via a pump. No gravity feed. What I have not seen is a requirement for that tank to be bed mounted. Why not use a spare tire tank drawn from the top and pumped into the main? Where am I missing something?

Discussed in a different forum: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/extended-gas-tank-for-ram-2500-6-4-hemi.165848/

Quote: post 8
Auxiliary tanks are legal for non-commercial use. The rules require the fuel to be drawn from the top of the tank which requires a pump. Gravity feed is not permitted for gasoline. Here is the setup. Nothing sketchy about it. The tank is placarded for gasoline and when plumbed correctly is legal for non-commercial use except in CA where they don't trust people to do it right so they ban them.

https://www.tankandbarrel.com/recta...ngle-gasoline-auxiliary-fuel-tank-p-1232.html

All those funky spring loaded gas nozzles we have on 5 gallon cans is due to CA. Apparently folks there can't refuel their lawnmower correctly without setting themselves on fire. So the great nanny state decided to mandate nozzles that don't actually dispense fuel.

thoughts?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Someone check me on something, I have read that it is legal most places to have an aux tank for gas mounted in the bed and plumbed into the fuel system for non commercial vehicles, the important part is that the tank must be drawn from the top via a pump. No gravity feed. What I have not seen is a requirement for that tank to be bed mounted. Why not use a spare tire tank drawn from the top and pumped into the main? Where am I missing something?

Probably because most companies don't want to deal with getting the certification necessary for a flammable liquid...

Titan makes a spare tire tank (again, only for diesel)... there was some other company as well, but I don't recall who...
The Titan offering appears to come with a "electronic fuel transfer monitor and control unit"

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
found this on ramfourm:

See part number: 68534615AB

It's for large gasoline 48 gallon tanks which are available here https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/TANK-Fuel/16991093/68534615AB.html

Fitment seems to start for 2020 and up.

maybe this would work?

All we need is someone in a position to be able to pull the trigger and give it a go...

Users who are viewing this thread