Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tires

jadmt

Reaction score
What about Mickey Thompson tires
Mickey thompson is owned and made by Cooper tires. Which particular mickey thompson tires are you talking about? Some models are great tires.

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
Trying to be helpful here.

What are your goals with the tires on your truck? On road performance, Off road performance, mall crawling, mix of on/off road? That goes a long way in determining what options you have for tires. I'd go with Cooper over Mickey Thompson, I think you over pay with MT just for the name. Cooper tires are normally a very good value.

jadmt

Reaction score
Trying to be helpful here.

What are your goals with the tires on your truck? On road performance, Off road performance, mall crawling, mix of on/off road? That goes a long way in determining what options you have for tires. I'd go with Cooper over Mickey Thompson, I think you over pay with MT just for the name. Cooper tires are normally a very good value.
yes he does not want to answer that for some reason I asked that too.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
There are a lot of choices out there and a lot of opinions on tires. It all comes down to how you will use your truck.
Personally, here is what I would choose. Others will have other choices. Also, I seldom drive in snowy conditions.

Mud Terrain tire I would go with Toyo MT. 2nd choice is Mickey Thompson Baja Boss but those are new tires and this choice is not based on my experience.

Hybrid tire I would go with Yokohama X-AT. I have them now and like them. (No more All Terrain tires for me after going with a hybrid).

Street tire Michelin LTX. Good tires that wear well. Many I know use these on their tow rigs.

Good luck. If you explain what you want to use your truck for you will get better answers.

Redmoosse

Reaction score
There are a lot of choices out there and a lot of opinions on tires. It all comes down to how you will use your truck.
Personally, here is what I would choose. Others will have other choices. Also, I seldom drive in snowy conditions.

Mud Terrain tire I would go with Toyo MT. 2nd choice is Mickey Thompson Baja Boss but those are new tires and this choice is not based on my experience.

Hybrid tire I would go with Yokohama X-AT. I have them now and like them. (No more All Terrain tires for me after going with a hybrid).

Street tire Michelin LTX. Good tires that wear well. Many I know use these on their tow rigs.

Good luck. If you explain what you want to use your truck for you will get better answers.
Thank you for your opinion I’m thinking of the Mickey Thompson tires

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Thank you for your opinion I’m thinking of the Mickey Thompson tires
My friends that have them really like them. They use their trucks and Jeeps offroad a lot and say they perform well.

Redmoosse

Reaction score

Thank you for letting me know and it makes my decision a lot easier

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I personally recommend Falken wildpeak at3w. I really like the on road, off road Performance they give for an at tire. They also ride good and look good. They have good tread life also. If not the falkens, id go with bfg all terrain, or toyo open country at.

So many good options out there. Stay with name brand is a good idea.
I agree! Falken Wild Peaks AT's are a very good looking tire and wear great. I purchased a set for my truck 2 years ago and already have 20K+ on them and they are wearing even. I haven't even had to rotate them yet. I believe they are as good as BFG's for a much cheaper price.

Users who are viewing this thread