Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Timing' Rear suspension

markmass1966

Reaction score
Hi all, I had a quick search, couldn't find anything, forgive me if postesd
2021 RAM2500 4x4. I replaced the rear coils with air bags from Timber Grove Entreprises. Primarily to lower the ride height towing a 5th wheel. I added the Haldex self levellers with dump valves and set to around 1.5" lower at the rear regardless of load. Overall pleased with the set-up.
My question: As I have dropped the rear ride height around 1.5" (from 43" measured at wheel arch, to 41.5") In peoples experience, with that drop, is it recommended to reset the rear bushes? and if so, can anyone point me to a guide? torque specs etc.
Thanks all,

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Hi all, I had a quick search, couldn't find anything, forgive me if postesd
2021 RAM2500 4x4. I replaced the rear coils with air bags from Timber Grove Entreprises. Primarily to lower the ride height towing a 5th wheel. I added the Haldex self levellers with dump valves and set to around 1.5" lower at the rear regardless of load. Overall pleased with the set-up.
My question: As I have dropped the rear ride height around 1.5" (from 43" measured at wheel arch, to 41.5") In peoples experience, with that drop, is it recommended to reset the rear bushes? and if so, can anyone point me to a guide? torque specs etc.
Thanks all,
Front was 255 foot pounds for the radius arms, so I'd set the rear to that as well provided they are the same size bolts. You do it at ride height, loosen the front and rear bolts for all 4 control arms and then torque them down. The hardest part is going to be getting to some of the bolts and getting the leverage on the torque wrench. Also loosen and reset the track bar bolts and retorque them to 180 foot pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread