Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thread posting suggestions

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I see a few common issues with thread posts recently and would like to offer some subtle suggestions to those that may be new to online forums.

Feel free to add your thoughtful and realistic posting suggestions to this list.

• Please try to use an appropriate sub forum, there are several new sub forums. (Your thread or post may be moved/merged)
  • Please do a basic search before posting about a recall you discovered or help with a problem you're having. There is often an existing thread (or several) and merging multiple duplicate threads is tedious work.
    • Common concerns are often found as a sticky at the top of appropriate sub forums.
  • Please throw a carriage return (enter) into your long winded posts from time to time. Reading run on paragraphs is difficult and it's likely your desired message or point will get overlooked.
  • If there's a technical thread, please try to stay on topic and try to avoid excessive chit chat and unrelated posts. We've actually had complaints about members clogging up technical threads with unnecessary chaf and side conversations.

We certainly don't want to discourage the free sharing of helpfulness and great information the site and members have to offer, but as the membership and post counts grow managing it is going to become more work if it's just a giant free for all.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
How about....

When asking a question about whether something fits, something is compatible, etc... please make sure you either explicitly call out what options your truck is equipped with, or make sure it is in your signature, so that those who want to help have a better chance to do so.

If you're brothers, neighbor's second-grade crush, ran into a lady at the gas station who just happened to hear on the radio that <insert opinion here>, it doesn't make it true. Please don't crap on other people's posts without any data to back things up.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
How about....

When asking a question about whether something fits, something is compatible, etc... please make sure you either explicitly call out what options your truck is equipped with, or make sure it is in your signature, so that those who want to help have a better chance to do so.

<snip>

Even with detailed sig info, best to give enough info for those running on Tapatalk where sigs don't display.

Blowenblu

Reaction score
How in the world do I edit my post?
When I click on "Edit" on top right the only thing that opens up is the Title and nothing else.
How do I edit the content of my post?

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
How in the world do I edit my post?
When I click on "Edit" on top right the only thing that opens up is the Title and nothing else.
How do I edit the content of my post?
To edit the content of your post use the Edit link just below it.
1697544335330.png

Blowenblu

Reaction score
Ahh, got it, I was trying to use the icon in upper right.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread