Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on when ram website will be updated?

SavageBrewer

Reaction score
So I notice they have a section on the ramtrucks.com website for the new HD, but there is minimal real info in there.
Any thoughts when we might see more detailed specs or truck builder?

Also I think I read somewhere that the 6.4 Hemi model will be mated with the new ZF 8AP transmission, but that transmission isn't slated to be available until early 2020. Does that mean initially they will be selling the 6.4 powered 2500/3500 with the current 6 speed?

DRKNESS

Reaction score
I have no clue as it seems I’m on the site daily looking for more info and updated photos.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
With the 1500, 1Feb was the build and 13Mar was the price. So anyday for the build and a lil over the month for price.

I guess I need to go look again at the transmission...I thought it was the same as the hemi in the 1500...what I get for Assuming

SavageBrewer

Reaction score
Yeah it looks like the 8HP75 is the transmission, I think that at some point the new 8AP is slated to make its way over, maybe a couple years out.

Randy M

Reaction score
Definitely need the configurator to be released. Need to know what colors are available as I'm considering a Power Wagon.

tradewagon

Reaction score
ZF 8 speed is standard on the ‘19 Power Wagon, not sure if it replaces the six speed altogether or not

Attachments

• 2E5B3757-7938-4E9A-908F-61E196DA8B6F.jpeg
    2E5B3757-7938-4E9A-908F-61E196DA8B6F.jpeg
    288.1 KB · Views: 30

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Emailed RAM about a couple of things this was the reply about the 'Build and Price':

"the Build & Price feature on the Ram Truck website is a reflection of dealership inventory and not the factory order system; we do not anticipate it updating until Late-March/Early-April as the all-new 2019 Ram Heavy Duty models begin to arrive within dealership inventory. "

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
And I thought they were arriving already.....

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
And I thought they were arriving already.....

Very few from what I've seen... if cars.com is to be believed, there are three 2500s on the lot within 50 miles of me and 20 'on the way'.

D

Deleted member 80

Well, I understand they want to reduce existing inventory, but I want a 2019, and can't do builds on their site. They are already over half a model year behind. The other guys have been selling 2019s for many months, and have unveiled their 2020 versions. I'm sorry, but their logic sux. I like to ponder things, and do sample builds for a while, in order to arrive at the equipment that is right for me.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Well, I understand they want to reduce existing inventory, but I want a 2019, and can't do builds on their site. They are already over half a model year behind. The other guys have been selling 2019s for many months, and have unveiled their 2020 versions. I'm sorry, but their logic sux. I like to ponder things, and do sample builds for a while, in order to arrive at the equipment that is right for me.

I'd like a little more information/clarification on the options... right now it's more of a 'look what we got' rather than 'this is how it works'
And I'd like to find a build I'm looking at on the lot so I can see the payload... the Laramie I posted in the other thread is either close or a bit heavier than what I'm looking at (I hope).

texas.yankee

Reaction score
I'm kind of a nerd, but, thought someone else may care that owners manual info is now available through ramtrucks.com for 19s. I downloaded a few things today to help pass the time.

I hope those tow numbers aren't correct. Only 12,000 lbs for the 2500 Mega Cab loaded up? That seems very low.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Apparently if you go to build and price, change the 18's to 19's in the web address, it will let you build your baby. Enjoy.

Reactions: RLB

RichT

Reaction score
select model first, then three spots to change it, worked for me

Users who are viewing this thread