Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The towing Crown goes now to GM

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I am not sure how failing to properly secure a load has anything to do with buying a new truck. More licenses and regulation can’t fix stupid. Under current laws, ALL cargo must be secured. Anything loose in any vehicle, is supposed to be secured, gas cans are my favorite. How many people have Seen people hauling unsecured fuel containers in their vehicles.......not just trucks? I am sure that the accident investigation will reveal whether the current rules were followed or not.

Exactly. But someone will say "it happened, so there's not enough laws, let's make another".

Billcf7

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to tow 35000 lbs with any of these trucks at more than 3 times TV weight and then try to stop, no thanks

MrTaz

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to tow 35000 lbs with any of these trucks at more than 3 times TV weight and then try to stop, no thanks
That's what they make trailer brakes for and my first choice is electric over hydraulic disc. Those will slow the trailer/load and the truck down.

406Linetrash

Reaction score
I tow a lot of heavy ****. Excavators. Etc. I have zero desire to put 35k behind a pickup.

Dasmoetorhead

Reaction score
So will we see the new GM Pickups pulling more big trailers than the Rams are doing now? I think not. Take a drive down the interstate near you, and tell me which pickups are towing the biggest loads day in and day out. RAM all the way!

Lumpskie

Reaction score
I think the current highest tow rating is Ram again, isn't it? (at 37,100 lbs?) The link below says that the Ram 3500 has a higher rating than the F450. (I thought that was interesting)

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I think the current highest tow rating is Ram again, isn't it? (at 37,100 lbs?) The link below says that the Ram 3500 has a higher rating than the F450. (I thought that was interesting)
Ram 3500 is up too 37,200 i doubt we will see much more than that as the highest rated goose ball on the market that i have seen is 38k

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Now just make the engines more efficient lol. 38k pounds is so crazy to me on one of these trucks

MEGA HO

Reaction score
If they could bump up trucks tow numbers, it should be fairly easy to do that to GN balls.
Ram 3500 is up too 37,200 i doubt we will see much more than that as the highest rated goose ball on the market that i have seen is 38k

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
If they could bump up trucks tow numbers, it should be fairly easy to do that to GN balls.
Not really to go anymore they would have to revert to a transport style 5th wheel as the max weight including safety factor is basically maxed out for the GN ball… i had this conversation out of curiosity with our engineers at work thats the consensus from all 10 of them.

GBB

Reaction score
So anything over 26,000 gross requires a CDL or does it not apply for a private carrier

Users who are viewing this thread