Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The sway bar delete thread slapfest FKA What Rockcrawlerdude did TO his RAM today?

UglyViking

Reaction score
Ah. I missed that discussion. I am sure he got the suspension that met his needs better than everything else available at the time. I agree with that assessment knowing he has a heavy rig off pavement quite often.

At this time, my truck best meets my needs at a “stock” height with 35s. Yes, it would look cooler on 37s but my truck just works really well for me right now as it is.
I'd be curious if that lift actually accomplished anything with the stock springs and shocks, even with 37s. I don't have data to know one way or another, so I can't really say but I'd be surprised.

I agree with you though. I love my truck with 37s. I want the AEV flares and 40s. I absolutely do not need them, but I think it looks cool as **** and a little extra ground clearance never hurt anyone.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
@TheRAMadaINN has a 3500 with a Carli Dominator kit. He has a HallmarkRV UTE pop up camper. Maybe lighter than Chet's? I haven't seen him post on here lately, but I have seen some Instagram posts where he is out using it. It's a nice rig and set up. Here are a couple of screenshots from IG.

Screenshot_20220125-100719.png

Screenshot_20220125-101702.png

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
@TheRAMadaINN has a 3500 with a Carli Dominator kit. He has a HallmarkRV UTE pop up camper. Maybe lighter than Chet's? I haven't seen him post on here lately, but I have seen some Instagram posts where he is out using it. It's a nice rig and set up. Here are a couple of screenshots from IG.

View attachment 30794

View attachment 30795
That’s a lot of truck. Sick.

Dude needs to get that camper wrapped. The white isn’t doing it for me

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Funny story: Years ago racing legend Walker Evans was coming back from a race in Baja. He stopped by the old Charger's stadium where the local sports car clubs would have their cone races. He unloaded his dodge truck and ran their course. A very loud and loose class 8 truck on offroad tires tearing and sliding around the course. The article I read said he turned in one of the best, if not the best, times of the day.

Loud and Loose. How I live my life ;)

relbus

Reaction score
I’ve read for years there is a huge improvement on these truck ditching the bar. I’ve also read the carli and Thuren bars also offer and improvement in ride. Maybe I missed it, but has anyone ran no bar vs a torsion bar and which rode better?

I was inspired recently to buy the Thuren bar. It’s sitting in my garage waiting for a warmer day to install.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Ah the old sway bar discussion. Just as hot and heavy over on the Jeep forums. It's amazing how passionate people get over this topic, throwing around a lot of BS words like "unsafe" "illegal" "common sense". They will type walls of text telling you how suspension engineers know stuff!

Anti sway bars are traction tuning devices. Not safety devices. A larger diameter front sway bar will tend to cause understeer, a larger diameter rear sway bar will tend to cause oversteer. Lawyers say the car needs understeer because when Grandma hammers the brakes in the middle of a turn, it's financially better (from the standpoint of lawsuits) to have the car skid but keep going forward, rather than spin.

If you actually did that's guys test, the times through the course would be nearly identical, but the truck with it's sway bar still connected would do it much more gracefully, and composed... but not any faster.

Users who are viewing this thread