Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Other Vehicle

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
The small Lexus is fast enough. It is relatively heavy for a small car over 3,000 pounds. I like Corvettes, and looked at C5 models, but they are too fast now that I am older, especially the Z06 model.
Cars are like women ……just fast enough to be fun is the sweet spot. The real fast ones, while fun, can be more trouble than it’s worth. ;) :eek::oops:

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Idk if I’m allowed to just post random progress pics here but I haven’t been banned yet

Buttoned up the belly pan. Ax15 swap officially compete with the trans mount being the last piece of the puzzle.

Pulled the rear axle out. Got a 31 spline 8.8 to swap in once it’s ready.

7116CF8B-3754-42C0-9E1A-D67E47B837BD.jpeg8878F426-2103-419A-978F-8CBC1857D718.jpeg2B55E9C1-7D18-4262-8BE9-5CD0FF1927A7.jpeg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

Redfour5

Reaction score
Saw a similar post on another forum I frequent and figured I'd get one going here. What's your "other" vehicle? Motorcycle, Jeep, ATV, SXS, helicopter, or spaceship?

This is my Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec that I haul from Texas to Colorado every year and to offroad parks and the family ranch as often as possible.

I miss my dirtbikes and motorcycle but "with age, comes cage".
20200119_154658.jpg
Great daily driver, dog car...

Dave01

Reaction score
It seems like a lot of the people on this forum have Jeeps of one sort or another for their 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) vehicle.

I drove a '57 Willy's in high school. Had an '87 Cherokee, then '93, '98, and '01 GC's. Around 2012 I bought a 2006 Liberty diesel, loved it. So I've had my share of Jeeps over the years.

ppine

Reaction score
Rockcrawlerdude shows a photo of how jeep guys spend their weekends. It can be a disease making all of those modifications, but if you really want to go out and smash rocks, a Jeep is hard to beat.
I now have an old unmolested 2003 Jeep Liberty. It makes Jeep people cringe, but it is perfect for the bad roads behind the house and saves a lot of wear and tear on the new Ram diesel.

Joe_Lee

Reaction score
My first vehicle at 16 was a non-street legal worn out and beat up 1942 Willys CJ2 military Jeep. We lived in a rural area so I drove it a lot and it started me on the Jeep path.

Pearce

Reaction score
87 XJ stock, then 98ZJ from stock to long arm suspension on 33's, then 94YJ salvaged titled to many versions ending in long arm suspension on 40's, then tube chassis crawler on 40's. No more Jeeps for me, unless a Trackhawk mysteriously appears in my garage

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Rockcrawlerdude shows a photo of how jeep guys spend their weekends. It can be a disease making all of those modifications, but if you really want to go out and smash rocks, a Jeep is hard to beat.
I now have an old unmolested 2003 Jeep Liberty. It makes Jeep people cringe, but it is perfect for the bad roads behind the house and saves a lot of wear and tear on the new Ram diesel.
There is definitely something wrong with me.

Me: I’m gonna build this rig to be mild and streetable

Also me: this rig needs a stretch and beadlocks and a spool and can’t forget the front locker

Dave01

Reaction score
Here’s a morning pick of the wife’s Jeep Liberty ‘GRUMPER’ Edition. ;)
I am soo tired of winter but at least I fit back in with the Wrangler cool kids club. :pView attachment 54598
You've got a front light bar ... that means it's a "heavily modded Liberty" :D.

I really enjoyed my diesel Liberty. Great to drive, heavier than it looked, towed well all things considered. 4wd low just idling in drive it would creep along with a boat and trailer behind, the torque was noticeable.

ppine

Reaction score
Why we still have the old Liberty. It is great in snow, DSV Designated Snow Vehicle, mud wagon, handy errand runner. The Liberty only has 130,000 miles and runs good. He is only worth about $4,000 so we are keeping Bob. The paint has started to let go in a major way. Painting the hood flat black, spraying clear on the roof and repainting around the door frames. It looks fine on a Jeep.

jsalbre

Reaction score

A new 2003 Jeep Liberty “Freedom Edition” was my introduction to the Jeep world. Seeing other “Jeep people” cringe was half the fun of owning and wheeling it. They’ll get you to a lot of places. By the time I was done with it I had a 3 1/2” lift, 32s, rock sliders, and basically 1/4” of steel underneath from front to back.

Finally got rid of it when the transmission gave out, stranding my wife in BFE Texas. It was going to cost twice what it was worth to rebuild so I let the Subaru dealer come drag it away for $2k trade in.

Here it is in Moab going over “The Waterfall” on Poison Spider in ‘05.

IMG_1296.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread