Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Other Vehicle

gimmie11s

Reaction score
'99 Ram supervised while I dropped the new motor into my Mustang.

Finished up the motor build/install on my Mustang. Got lots done this weekend.

--Fabbed up a quick oil primer to ensure she was oiled for first start
--bought a new set up shoes
--Had to align the front end due to installing a tubular K member (suspension bolts to K member)
--Installed front bumper cover

She's alive!! Runs great. Feels good driving this girl again and THANKS TO BRANDON, this is now my most cost efficient vehicle to drive being it burns straight e85 at $3.49/gallon.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So I took some time this weekend to work on the Toyota crawler.

I cut the old steering box stuff off the frame and drilled the frame out for the 3/4” DOM sleeves for the new steering box bolts. Always sleeve your steering box mount bolts through the frame.

Plated the frame inside and out. 1/4” plate outside and 3/16” plate on the inside. Got it welded up and threw some paint on it.

So this is where the steering box lives now.
Moved forward about 2” and rotated it so I can run a flat pitman arm. Just enough room for the hydraulic fitting between the box and the freshly-clearanced core support.

Used a little rubber door edge trim on the area I opened up so it’s not sharp. Nothing fancy but keep people from cutting themselves if they reach in. I need to cut or flip the pitman arm to drag link bolt

View attachment 35624View attachment 35625View attachment 35626
Is that an astro van steering box?

I loved having hydro assist on my old YJ, i plan on going full hydro on my next build as i actually have everything i need from an large CAT forklift i just need a different orbital valve as this one takes way to many turns to get from lock to lock

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Is that an astro van steering box?

I loved having hydro assist on my old YJ, i plan on going full hydro on my next build as i actually have everything i need from an large CAT forklift i just need a different orbital valve as this one takes way to many turns to get from lock to lock
It’s a Toyota box from an earlier gen

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Good wheelin in TN this weekend with my buddy. We did a ride to remember our other buddy who should’ve been here, he had a trip booked to fly out and wheel these trails with us but he isn’t with us anymore.

New steering was absolutely amazing. Only issues were with the make-it-yourself hydraulic lines that PSC sent. One let go early in the day and another developed a heavy leak. At least they’re field serviceable so we were able to re-do them on the trail. I’m sure it was install error. No biggie.

Yota is on 40s; XJ is on 37s but has long arms

1414BA21-482F-421E-B412-08BA57E397D4.jpeg094D040B-2F46-41F8-A2F0-0965CCA24E8D.jpeg327820CD-425C-4028-84F8-0B1C6F85EA6C.jpegC7EB50FC-8A4A-49FC-B9E5-0BC1F2E658F9.jpeg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
This is why rednecks can’t have nice things.

I ain’t paying $70 a piece for new center caps. I don’t care if they’re aluminum that ain’t worth it.

Started this process today. Factory center caps from my “phone dials” fit my racing dynamics wheels that I painted black so I’m going to be painting these black with gold crests.

6D0CB085-2540-4D57-B39E-A530C60FCF3A.jpeg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
This is why rednecks can’t have nice things.

I ain’t paying $70 a piece for new center caps. I don’t care if they’re aluminum that ain’t worth it.

Started this process today. Factory center caps from my “phone dials” fit my racing dynamics wheels that I painted black so I’m going to be painting these black with gold crests.

View attachment 36898
Finished with that project

Good enough for me.

9C3B8DFB-265A-477E-8E7D-65C545C54FEC.jpeg
7B5E88D3-2BA0-44D2-BD85-ADBEBB005CA2.jpeg

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Finished up the motor build/install on my Mustang. Got lots done this weekend.

--Fabbed up a quick oil primer to ensure she was oiled for first start
--bought a new set up shoes
--Had to align the front end due to installing a tubular K member (suspension bolts to K member)
--Installed front bumper cover

She's alive!! Runs great. Feels good driving this girl again and THANKS TO BRANDON, this is now my most cost efficient vehicle to drive being it burns straight e85 at $3.49/gallon.

Gave her some fresh exhaust tips to match the scheme of the car. I build a custom 3" stainless, turbo-back system for it a few years ago, but never gave it some proper exhaust finishers, so that is now done. Also had the car detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread