Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TFl 2019 3500 1000 ft torque tow

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Payload...1635 lbs on a bighorn.

Please...don't get caught in the debacle the 1500 guys are.

It is a very specific truck to getmax towing and a very specific truck to get max payload...they are not the same.

And the numbers at Ram trucks website are not specific.

But , I must say that 4x2 regular cab tradesman dually with a gooseneck sure can haul that weight confidently.

D

Deleted member 80

I have watched that video three times with the volume turned up. That damn Cummins sounds so good toting that load. I can't wait to get back in a Cummins powered truck!!

Longhorn

Reaction score
I’m fully aware of the payload/towing capacity of a fully optioned powerwagon and a longhorn, but I’m all good with that. Not a concern for me.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Just trying to make people aware, plenty of 1500 guys believe they have 1840 lbs of payload and 11300 lbs of towing only to find out they got 1200 and 6000...and then try to reason with how they are going to tow the 12000 lb trailer they bought cause the commercial said 13500.

I am struggling very hard to make the Tradesman with Powerwagon Package work for me, but it is about 2000 lbs low...and the wife wants a longbed...so, I still want the Powerwagon.

EEBTTF

Reaction score
Just trying to make people aware, plenty of 1500 guys believe they have 1840 lbs of payload and 11300 lbs of towing only to find out they got 1200 and 6000...and then try to reason with how they are going to tow the 12000 lb trailer they bought cause the commercial said 13500.

I am struggling very hard to make the Tradesman with Powerwagon Package work for me, but it is about 2000 lbs low...and the wife wants a longbed...so, I still want the Powerwagon.

DevilDodge - you mentioned in a previous post that the 2019 HOs will have a significant price difference than the regular 6.7. Is it much more than the 2018 HOs vs reg 6.7?

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
DevilDodge - you mentioned in a previous post that the 2019 HOs will have a significant price difference than the regular 6.7. Is it much more than the 2018 HOs vs reg 6.7?
Do you mean what @redriderbob said about it coming at a premium?

I would guess that the combination of the HO and the Aisin would definitely be more than the difference between the old Regular and HO Cummins.

With Chevy just releasing a 35,500 max tow...that will either bring that premium down...or Ram will raise the Rating...which would raise the premium.

With Ford releasing a 7.3 l V8... I bet we will soon find the power bump of the BGE...or the long rumored and denied 426 Hemi...or my favorite 8.0l V10 will come back. (The Viper made it to 8.4...maybe the Cummins will have competition, Mopar has finally realized the advantage of superchargers,;))

Sorry, I got of topic, all this breaking news has me excited...the competition is great...but i am not at all worried...Good TIMES

Longhorn

Reaction score

I would guess that the combination of the HO and the Aisin would definitely be more than the difference between the old Regular and HO Cummins.

With Chevy just releasing a 35,500 max tow...that will either bring that premium down...or Ram will raise the Rating...which would raise the premium.

With Ford releasing a 7.3 l V8... I bet we will soon find the power bump of the BGE...or the long rumored and denied 426 Hemi...or my favorite 8.0l V10 will come back. (The Viper made it to 8.4...maybe the Cummins will have competition, Mopar finally realized the advantage of superchargers,;))

Sorry, I got of topic, all this breaking news has me excited...the competition is great...but i am not at all worried...Good TIMES

Competition is great, good for the consumer.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

With Ford releasing a 7.3 l V8... I bet we will soon find the power bump of the BGE...or the long rumored and denied 426 Hemi...or my favorite 8.0l V10 will come back. (The Viper made it to 8.4...maybe the Cummins will have competition, Mopar has finally realized the advantage of superchargers,;))

All I can say, is get ready to open your wallets wide for the H.O. Cummins...

D

Deleted member 80

All I can say, is get ready to open your wallets wide for the H.O. Cummins...
It's only about $300 more than last year. It looks like a lot because they now include the cost of the Aisin with the Cummins.

Users who are viewing this thread