Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate Step

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Mark at ram care got back with me about my voucher for rear retractable bed step. He said for folks like me that we ought to get our vouchers sometime in November. Of coarse that might be a little different for all as its based on vin # but I know that several of you came off the grid when mine did. He's been digging into it for over a wk now as i was going to get it put on while I'm settled for the month but he said he got word it would be in November, so i thanked him for being honest and telling me so I didn't make an appointment. So maybe by this winter everyone will get there steps and a/c working properly o_O

tja1977

Reaction score
What "Voucher"? How can I get a voucher? My truck was suppose to come with the Bed Step, but it did not. Do I need to submit Information somewhere to get a voucher for the step? Thank you in advance.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
What "Voucher"? How can I get a voucher? My truck was suppose to come with the Bed Step, but it did not. Do I need to submit Information somewhere to get a voucher for the step? Thank you in advance.
All of us that were/ are supposed to get one during build/ buy/ or recall, our vin is registered and they will reach out to us individually when there time is right

tja1977

Reaction score
I have not heard a word about it from RAM. My truck was built in July. Maybe my truck is not included, since it was after the fact. The step was listed in the packages when I placed the order in May. I will call RAM tomorrow and ask. I had no idea about the vouchers. Thank You again Rich, hopefully you just saved me $365.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I have not heard a word about it from RAM. My truck was built in July. Maybe my truck is not included, since it was after the fact. The step was listed in the packages when I placed the order in May. I will call RAM tomorrow and ask. I had no idea about the vouchers. Thank You again Rich, hopefully you just saved me $365.
No prob. More than likely you will never hear from them until you get a voucher in an email. saying to schedule An appointment for your free step with installation, at least, that's what I'm told it supposed to look like, i haven't actually seen it either, they had told me during the build process in January about the voucher. Double check your email address on file at your dealership, apparently when these issues arise, fca/ stalantus will get your email on file that your dealer logged into system, well I never new there was a problem because my sm and I email back and forth all the time. Little did I know that my finance lady at time of purchase just pulled an email address out of her tail pipe and fca sent my voucher theoretically to some lucky person. That's when i contacted mark at ram cares and he told me to contact my dealer and get it corrected, they fixed it, now here we are.

mlink

Reaction score
The way it was explained to me, you are not getting a voucher for a bed step, you are getting a voucher for 15% off parts & labor for a bed step.

That's because instead of holding your truck in storage pending the Bed Step redesign & replenishment - you (through RAM Cares Case #) or your dealer, authorized the bed step option to be removed from your truck, your sticker, and the dealer invoice so your truck could be released for shipment. And then your truck was shipped. Now, it's like it never existed.

My RAM Cares rep assured me that if I agreed to delete it to release the truck, I would receive a voucher for the above 15% discount toward a parts/labor dealer install once the stock was replenished. Of course, I've yet to hear or receive anything about it from FCA.

Check the Equipment List you downloaded after the build and note that it wasn't listed under "Options". And then check your window sticker and note that it wasn't included anywhere.

Since you were never charged for it and your dealer was never charged for it, when you begin looking for your "free" Bed Step voucher - a difficult conversation with your Salesperson/GM will need to take place about who's going to pay for most of it.

Those of you awaiting a FCA voucher for your "free" Bed Step option that you ordered (but never paid for) are about to be very disappointed.

Last edited:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
The way it was explained to me, you are not getting a voucher for a bed step, you are getting a voucher for 15% off parts & labor for a bed step.

That's because instead of holding your truck in storage pending the bedstep redesign & replenishment - the bed step option was removed from your truck, your sticker and the dealer invoice - like it never existed and your truck was shipped.

Check the Equipment list you downloaded and note that it isn't listed under "Options" and then check your window sticker and note that it wasn't included.

You were never charged for it and your dealer wasn't either.

Those of you awaiting a voucher for a free Bed Step option that you ordered but never paid for are about to be very disappointed.
I think that's allot of the problem, is that there is do many different versions out there. I was told the same thing as you in the beginning, only 15% off, then my dealer told me otherwisewich i then confirmed from a phone call with ram customer care. I don't think anybody over there knows what there talking about so ever time one of us calls them the story has changed. My current understanding is that they more than likely don't want to open this up to a legal issue ( my presumption only) and they know that we really didn't have an option during build when they asked do you want it released or a voucher, well what choice did we have, so you either say ill take the voucher or your truck is sitting in a storage shed for 9 months, not really much of a choice i would think. I was also told just a month ago by a ram customer care lady that the reason why some have already recieved there email voucher snd some havent was because there were 3 different versions going out based on your particular situation. So who knows, fingers crossed

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll just say that I love the bed step that's on my truck now and the dealer can pry it from my cold dead hands, or when there's a proper replacement available, whichever comes first.

:p :D :p :D

lovegolf44

Reaction score

That's because instead of holding your truck in storage pending the Bed Step redesign & replenishment - you (through RAM Cares Case #) or your dealer, authorized the bed step option to be removed from your truck, your sticker, and the dealer invoice so your truck could be released for shipment. And then your truck was shipped. Now, it's like it never existed.

My RAM Cares rep assured me that if I agreed to delete it to release the truck, I would receive a voucher for the above 15% discount toward a parts/labor dealer install once the stock was replenished. Of course, I've yet to hear or receive anything about it from FCA.

Check the Equipment List you downloaded after the build and note that it wasn't listed under "Options". And then check your window sticker and note that it wasn't included anywhere.

Since you were never charged for it and your dealer was never charged for it, when you begin looking for your "free" Bed Step voucher - a difficult conversation with your Salesperson/GM will need to take place about who's going to pay for most of it.

Those of you awaiting a FCA voucher for your "free" Bed Step option that you ordered (but never paid for) are about to be very disappointed.
That's correct. The bed step was removed from the sticker for what was called the "Bed Utility Group" when I placed my order and replaced with "Bed Convenience Group." The new price ($385) reflected the removal of the bed step. However, my dealership said when the new bed step is available for the 3500 I will get a discount on its install. What that is, who knows.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
So mark got back with me and said that my VIN was not part of the W39 Customer Satisfaction Notification campaign for the Bed Step, which is what Eatonpcut had posted a while back wich started some of this discussion. He did reiterate that there are 3 or 4 different campaigns out there specifically for the rear retractable bed step that will be going out in the coming months and said mine per my vin would be going out sometime in November but could not give specifics to what it says or provides. This is where allot of our confusion I think its coming from because there's 4 different versions coming based on the scenario that you were in. So i guess time will tell. Just keep on rolling into tg and rolling out of tg, you laugh :p but I'm serious:oops:

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Guess I got lucky for a change...I really like it. Someone posted a picture of a handle that goes into the rear stake pocket, I will be getting this also.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Guess I got lucky for a change...I really like it. Someone posted a picture of a handle that goes into the rear stake pocket, I will be getting this also.
I did here's the part, it did require minor handle trimming to fit our pockets
20201002_145000.jpg

lovegolf44

Reaction score
Latest status from my dealership on the tailgate step: "They are still on back order and still no ETA."

Users who are viewing this thread