Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate recall and other OT posts not related to grid heater relay recall moved to here

Will_T

Reaction score
I took mine in for the tailgate recall because I was sick of the notifications I was getting every other day. Well guess what...the tech walked around the back of my truck (I was parked in the lot where I could watch it) and he did not even open my tailgate. So I would tell people don't worry about them screwing anything up as if they don't actually touch it they can't really screw it up. I asked him if it were ok and he said yup. 1/2 hour later they told me my truck was ready lol..apparently it took 1/2 hour for the tech to enter the information into the computer....anyway my recall shows as completed...

They OK'ed my tailgate also just last week. I assumed they must have at least opened and closed it to check but today I realized that I never unlocked my canopy so they could not have opened the tailgate. Perhaps they can clear the recall by just looking at the alignment from the outside. Or maybe with me telling them it had never opened on its own before I put on the shell and now with the shell it cannot open, that was enough.

mountainears

Reaction score
I’ll eventually take mine in and my dashcam will be recording with both the front and rear camera. Should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kristof

Reaction score
If I won't forget I will take a photo of my tailgate today. It seems it's sticking out more then it should. But this is how it was since I bought it. Just seems as it's not closing all the way in. I have a cover on my bed so it will not let the gate open

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
Mine was a little loose on the right side, now it's tight when closed. Never had a problem, though.

kristof

Reaction score
Here is mine. It hard to take a photo but since new the drivers side is sticking out while the passenger side is flush
20230318_130427.jpg

20230318_130409.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread