Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SXS discussion

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
My tonneau cover . I thought it would arrive after my truck… can am is the only thing I can rely on .
Yeah if you actually use the Can-am maybe you’d be singing a different tune. Here’s a picture of the RZR killer, it eats Can-ams for lunch.

Attachments

• 8A9110B2-04D9-468E-80DF-126C96C567E5.jpeg
    8A9110B2-04D9-468E-80DF-126C96C567E5.jpeg
    959.5 KB · Views: 61

Coonhound

Reaction score
Yeah if you actually use the Can-am maybe you’d be singing a different tune. Here’s a picture of the RZR killer, it eats Can-ams for lunch.

Some of us like products that last. If you wanna drive the Ford Mustang of side by sides, that's up to you. Some of us just have more refined tastes.

Riddick

Reaction score
Hey, keep Mustang owners out of this. Sounds like a coyote car got the best of ya.

If your side by side is reliable and not breaking belts it's SLOW. X3 or nothing..... Guess I'm on the can am side
Some of us like products that last. If you wanna drive the Ford Mustang of side by sides, that's up to you. Some of us just have more refined tastes.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I'm on the Can Am side as well. I feel it's just a superior product. I'll say no more.
Yep my KRX never breaks and eats the RZR and Can Am’s for lunch. And I ride hard. I liked my old RZR but it doesn’t compare.

Utah mountains! Very cool. Good riding there too. That’s probably where I’ll move after they done making Colorado like Kalifornia. And no. I don’t drive fords. Tried that once. Do however like the Mustang. But me luv’s my Rams and especially the Cummins!

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Kinda late to the party on this one but I'll weigh in and say my Yamaha SXS has been the most dependable vehicle in our group. We have mostly Polaris and a few Can-Am. I always get made fun of for being slower, but I've towed more than a few of them out of the mountains when they break down. This is the same RZR I've towed out at 2 different places. towed home.jpegtowed home 2.jpeg

gimmie11s

Reaction score
2016 XP Turbo. Tuned, clutched, exhaust, revalved suspension by Shock Therapy (too damn expensive), bigger fuel pump and injectors, running straight E85. Car makes about 190 to the tires.

Its a blast and has not left me stranded (yet).

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
2016 XP Turbo. Tuned, clutched, exhaust, revalved suspension by Shock Therapy (too damn expensive), bigger fuel pump and injectors, running straight E85. Car makes about 190 to the tires.

Its a blast and has not left me stranded (yet).

How do you like the Mongrels? I almost bought a set. Ended up buying some Rockabilly’s instead. Haven’t gotten to test them out much yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Kinda late to the party on this one but I'll weigh in and say my Yamaha SXS has been the most dependable vehicle in our group. We have mostly Polaris and a few Can-Am. I always get made fun of for being slower, but I've towed more than a few of them out of the mountains when they break down. This is the same RZR I've towed out at 2 different places. View attachment 25406View attachment 25407
I have 9000km on my Viking and all I have fixed is a new ignition switch. Knocking on wooden coffee table as I type. Goes every day here on the farm.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Can’t tell if you’re joking or not.
Well I’m serious that the Kawasaki KRX eats Can am’s and RZR’s for breakfast but i like that this dude rides. So I’m not disparaging him at all. Just giving him some friendly ribbing.
If you’re dunking them they’ll eat the KRX. But stock the KRX has the suspension, wheel travel and weight distribution down pat. Also has better components OEM. I ride with a couple bad ass riders. When I get on it there toast. If it’s about speed on a nice fire road they’ll be right there.
I ride in the mountains of Colorado. Lots of rock climbs, hill climbing, water fording and mud and some tight fast trail riding. The KRX just smokes this stuff. Great at the technical stuff too.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Kinda late to the party on this one but I'll weigh in and say my Yamaha SXS has been the most dependable vehicle in our group. We have mostly Polaris and a few Can-Am. I always get made fun of for being slower, but I've towed more than a few of them out of the mountains when they break down. This is the same RZR I've towed out at 2 different places. View attachment 25406View attachment 25407
Awesome scenery! Where are you guys riding? I’d like to find some groups to ride with here in Colorado

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Awesome scenery! Where are you guys riding? I’d like to find some groups to ride with here in Colorado
The first pic is the Alpine Loop between Silverton and Lake City. I think that was Hurricane pass.

The second pic is here in Texas, Hidden Falls Off-Road Park.

I'll admit that my Yamaha isn't the fastest, but it has been very dependable and useful. I use mine for hunting, trail riding, and occasional camping. It suites my needs well and gets me out to where I want to go and carries everything I need.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
The first pic is the Alpine Loop between Silverton and Lake City. I think that was Hurricane pass.

The second pic is here in Texas, Hidden Falls Off-Road Park.

I'll admit that my Yamaha isn't the fastest, but it has been very dependable and useful. I use mine for hunting, trail riding, and occasional camping. It suites my needs well and gets me out to where I want to go and carries everything I need.
The Yamaha are great. My machine isn’t the fastest either. That distinction goes to the Can Am and the Razor’s. But for me it’s about riding and maintaining that speed smoothly and with stability. There’s not a lot of places in the forest where 200hp is usable. That kind of stuff is for the desert and sand dunes.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
How do you like the Mongrels? I almost bought a set. Ended up buying some Rockabilly’s instead. Haven’t gotten to test them out much yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like them. They are tough as nails, but a little heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread