Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subthread 2022 orders - Aftermarket Parts on order pre truck delivery?

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Question,

I have bed spray in liner on Limited, however, thinking about an extra layer of protection (dont have much confidence on bed spray while moving a fridge or something) How confident are you all using a bed mat instead of a drop in liner? I was looking at weathertech bed mat but not sure if over time these mats tend to warp/slip/etc. Thoughts?

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Question,

I have bed spray in liner on Limited, however, thinking about an extra layer of protection (dont have much confidence on bed spray while moving a fridge or something) How confident are you all using a bed mat instead of a drop in liner? I was looking at weathertech bed mat but not sure if over time these mats tend to warp/slip/etc. Thoughts?
See if Les Schwab still does pre-cut bed mats. They use to make them out of recycled tires. I bought one for a Tundra I had about 6 years ago and it was excellent. Like a horse stall mat but cut to fit the contours of my bed. I'd buy one for this truck if they still make them but I'm mad at schwab still lol

Scvette

Reaction score
I have fuel Blitz D675 for the rears in 20x8.25 and 20x9 with +20 fronts coming, they’ll have 37/12.50/20 Cooper discoverer stt pros.
Also a Carli 2.5 leveling kit. All that will be here before my loaded Laramie CC LB NE DRW truck gets built on Nov 29th.
I’m sure I’ll be getting more stuff before the truck shows up.

neophyteguy

Reaction score
Question,

Those drop in liners will wear through the paint on your bed base on my experience.. Went that route on my F-250 I sold. I've gone the tonneau cover and Bed Rug Route as my truck really only hauls boats and like the carpet to put my reels/rods on. They seem to offer good protection without setting up a rust zone in my truck.

Myfast70

Reaction score
Question,

These are trucks that are meant for hauling stuff, I wouldn't be too concerned with breaking thru the spray in bed liners, scratches happen... I've had every pickup bed sprayed and only had issues one time when they didn't prep the surface properly, other than that they have held up very very well!

Myfast70

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up this tip to fix the fugly tailpipe. Can’t have that with a NE truck.

Pretty funny, I want to design a new exhaust tip as well because the NE needs something more fitting. I do manufacturing of fabricated & CNC parts so it's an easy part for me to make

Rockman

Reaction score
2022 on order still in d status.
SB Intake and fuel tank
banks monster ram with grid heater delete.
mbrp dual tip exhaust
Aev speedometer and tpms module.
carli pin top with rear deaver springs and king shocks
sulastic shackles.
tis 544bm 20x9 +18 offset with Nitto ridge grappler 37x13.50x22.

I also did a quick video on the anti rattle hitch pin below. Not associated and no links. I have used these for 2 years now and they are a must have..

Best anti rattle hitch pin!

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Hey Gents, since this is aftermarket stuff for 22 orders. What are your thoughts on the BEDRUG bed liner. I always thought they were carpet but i guess its small plastic fibers. According to youtube reviews its the best liner. What are your thoughts? I currently have BAKFLIP MX4 that will be installed. I have limited so it comes with spray in bed liner but when i move heavy equipment (fridges, washing machines, etc) i feel while i move it will ding/scratch spray in bed liner. I have always used plastic drop in liners but now that I got bed cover i would like somethign different. I hardly ever load up dirt/gravel so i dont mind it to much.

What are your thoughts on BEDRUG?

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Hey Gents, since this is aftermarket stuff for 22 orders. What are your thoughts on the BEDRUG bed liner. I always thought they were carpet but i guess its small plastic fibers. According to youtube reviews its the best liner. What are your thoughts? I currently have BAKFLIP MX4 that will be installed. I have limited so it comes with spray in bed liner but when i move heavy equipment (fridges, washing machines, etc) i feel while i move it will ding/scratch spray in bed liner. I have always used plastic drop in liners but now that I got bed cover i would like somethign different. I hardly ever load up dirt/gravel so i dont mind it to much.

What are your thoughts on BEDRUG?
I’ve had them in my last two trucks. Love them. Loose stuff seems to move around more, so I have milk crates and Costco black/yellow boxes back there for loose things. Never had any issues with them…and comfortable if you need a place to take a nap when the wife (or husband) is mad at you.

I’ve got one in the garage ready to go for the new truck.

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
I’ve had them in my last two trucks. Love them. Loose stuff seems to move around more, so I have milk crates and Costco black/yellow boxes back there for loose things. Never had any issues with them…and comfortable if you need a place to take a nap when the wife (or husband) is mad at you.

I’ve got one in the garage ready to go for the new truck.
I seen the install videos..... I am worried about the velcro/tape. Sturdy stuff? Dont want to be sliding stuff in and the whole thing moves. Did you get the one to cover the whole bed or just the mat

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I seen the install videos..... I am worried about the velcro/tape. Sturdy stuff? Dont want to be sliding stuff in and the whole thing moves. Did you get the one to cover the whole bed or just the mat
I had the whole bed. After a few years (4ish) you might notice the edges pull away a little bit, but never had it come off, slide out, etc. I’ve had engine blocks, transmissions, IKEA boxes, and tons of furniture (we moved twice with the last truck). Never any issues.

With knobby motor cycle tires, you’ll get some “dents” when you take it back out, but those will naturally pop back out over time if I remember correctly.

Grass clippings and what not can get “stuck” and might be hard to remove since the bedrug is kinda like Velcro, but I found that the car wash vacuum cleaners work pretty good at getting it out if you go side to side quickly.

BigRedDelaney

Reaction score
To the people that ordered seat covers. Did you order 2021? I want to order the carhart for my front and back. And how sure are you that they will fit?

Ram_Formula

Reaction score
I’ve ordered:
5.5” BDS lift.
Fox 2.0 shocks
Dual Fox steering stabilzers
4 Play 22 x 12” wheels
37” x 13.5x 22” Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Still need :
Rolling bed cover
Exhaust

love2build

Reaction score
Mx4 bakflip
Genos garage locking gas cap
AFE prodry drop in filter
Putco tailgate light bar
Banks pedal monster
Matte uconnect cover
Gen Y torsion hitch receiver
Mopar black lug nuts
More to come I’m sure…

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Hello All,

Havent bought it yet but what Tow straps do you all recommend? Going to be using my truck for off road/overland rig and want to be sure I can pull/get pulled and have a tow strap that is reliable and tough! Thoughts?

Scvette

Reaction score
Picked these up last night. Only took pics of the front and rear outer wheel. 37/12.50/20 cooper discover stt pros on fuel blitz wheels

Attachments

• DD6FCB65-7AAE-436F-80E6-23ECFDA45CE3.jpeg
    DD6FCB65-7AAE-436F-80E6-23ECFDA45CE3.jpeg
    578.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 2991243E-B216-491D-B01D-1F8E9394BF9B.jpeg
    2991243E-B216-491D-B01D-1F8E9394BF9B.jpeg
    659.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 507A893C-B175-4D13-8EFE-041158F8DFB3.jpeg
    507A893C-B175-4D13-8EFE-041158F8DFB3.jpeg
    584.3 KB · Views: 40

matemike

Reaction score
I have a list to order once I’m a month out or less.

bug deflector - bought bugflector ii $58 Amazon
12” screen protector - bought KYKR $38 Amazon
Mud Flaps (probably husky) - bought $36 Amazon open box
2 1/2” shank for my WDH - bought $82 Amazon

white lights for clearance lamps and side marker lights

Not an aftermarket part, and will probably have to wait til the truck is on hand, but I want to order personalized license plates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread