Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strapping a load atop tonneau cover

Ms5606

Reaction score
2022 Limited Longhorn HD WITH Rambox AND a BAKflip hard folding tonneau cover. Have not done so yet, but considering how I might place a large/light load on top of the closed tonneau cover AND STRAP IT DOWN. I note a couple of slots on the frame rails in the rear wheel wells ( but this would put a lot of pressure on the plastic wheel surrounds) I can’t really see a “good” way to find two fore and two aft anchor points… ideas?
(I’ve also considered that I would have to “sleeve” the tie down straps with some soft material so as to not scuff the paint)

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Never strap across the body anywhere, does the truck not have stake pockets or do the ramboxes not have them?

Ms5606

Reaction score
Never strap across the body anywhere, does the truck not have stake pockets or do the ramboxes not have them?
Rambox has no stake pocket. Have looked for some decent looking system I might modify somehow fore and aft of the rambox, but not found anything remotely suitable

Users who are viewing this thread