Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering

Artcarab

Reaction score
I bought a 2021 2500 tradesman 4x4 gas in August 2021 about 2 month later I feel a thump on the steering wheel at parking lot speed and the highway. It doesn't do it every day, and the dealer can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

jetrinka

Reaction score
Need more details. A repeated thump? When turning or going straight? Over bumps? Location noise is coming from? Feeling or just a sound? Combination of these things?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Need more info about how and when it happens.

Example for me: There is one place near my house where my truck always clunks from the front right corner.

It is a stop sign with a pothole and a right hand turn. It always clunks on that bump/turn but it never does it anywhere else; so I don’t worry about it.

1651Naismith

Reaction score
Interesting…I have the same issue when making hard right into my driveway. Clunk is from the front right corner as well. Haven’t been able to reliably reproduce yet.

Users who are viewing this thread