Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering wheel audio controls

Thedaran

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with the steering wheel audio controls not working? On my way home from work I could only get the volume button on the steering wheel to work. Cruise control, gear selector, instrument controls still worked fine. Quick search in forums didn't find similar issues.

DougB

Reaction score
Mine sometimes will have a long delay before actually raising the volume. By time I notice it it’s too loud and then there’s more delay getting it lowered using knob or steering wheel controls. Version 21B.5 still.

Thedaran

Reaction score
Mine sometimes will have a long delay before actually raising the volume. By time I notice it it’s too loud and then there’s more delay getting it lowered using knob or steering wheel controls. Version 21B.5 still.
No issues such as this. Volume works as intended, just all of the other audio buttons do not work.

Thedaran

Reaction score
Bump, still not working. I checked fuse #49 as mentioned in some other forums..no help.
I am terrified to take the truck into a dealership to look into this. I have read so many horror stories about Ram service departments.

Thedaran

Reaction score
One week of not having my audio controls working, and they suddenly started working today. WTF!! But glad I do not need to take it to the Ram service department.

Thedaran

Reaction score
Here I am again. These controls randomly stopped working again. FFS

RichM752

Reaction score
I only use mine by accident once in a while. Call me old fashion, I prefer to turn the dial by hand.

vicquick

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with the steering wheel audio controls not working? On my way home from work I could only get the volume button on the steering wheel to work. Cruise control, gear selector, instrument controls still worked fine. Quick search in forums didn't find similar issues.
Wow man. Ive been going through the same ********, i have a 2022 ram ,have had the whole u connect replaced and the steering wheel controls replaced. Now its all out again except for the volume controls. So pissed

Thedaran

Reaction score
Wow man. Ive been going through the same ********, i have a 2022 ram ,have had the whole u connect replaced and the steering wheel controls replaced. Now its all out again except for the volume controls. So pissed
I don't think I've had any issues since canceling my ram connect service, additionally I haven't had my radio channel presets disappear.

vicquick

Reaction score
Wow man. Ive been going through the same ********, i have a 2022 ram ,have had the whole u connect replaced and the steering wheel controls replaced. Now its all out again except for the volume controls.
I don't think I've had any issues since canceling my ram connect service, additionally I haven't had my radio channel presets disappear.
Maybe thatll be an option.. so frustrating though

Thedaran

Reaction score
Can also try reinstalling the Android auto app on your phone. I had to do that a little while back because I couldn't get my phone to disconnect when I turned the truck off resulting in the truck radio not wanting to turn off.

Users who are viewing this thread