Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stealth Module

jsalbre

Reaction score
Follow up article on what happened to the guy in NJ.

Diesel Ram Owner Forced to Scrap Truck Over Deleted Emissions Equipment (UPDATED)
As a person who loves cars and trucks it makes me sad to hear a vehicle is getting crushed, but as a person who breathes air I can only hope this stops more people from deleting their trucks.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sounds like he needs to just have it become a race truck then it requires no emissions

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
As a person who loves cars and trucks it makes me sad to hear a vehicle is getting crushed, but as a person who breathes air I can only hope this stops more people from deleting their trucks.
Idk what democrat kool-aid you have been drinking but deleted emissions or not wont change the air quality and a properly tuned diesel will pass an opacity test which means its much better for the air than any truck that uses DEF

jsalbre

Reaction score
Idk what democrat kool-aid you have been drinking but deleted emissions or not wont change the air quality and a properly tuned diesel will pass an opacity test which means its much better for the air than any truck that uses DEF
No “Democrat kool-aid” here. If you really believe that the majority of people with deleted diesels have them “properly tuned” and aren’t just driving around rolling coal at every chance they get then you’ve never been to most of the states in the US. If manufacturers could meet emissions requirements without using DEF then you can bet they’d be doing it. Unless the tuners have some secret knowledge that the OEMs don’t then I’d say that’s pretty unlikely to be accurate.

Last edited:

senecagreen

Reaction score
The 2nd generation 5.9 12 valve Cummins got better mpg but only had 175hp, 420 tq. Your 850 tq 6.9 I think gets pretty good mpg stock for having twice the tq.

It is very expensive to replace a scr or dpf when it reaches the end of its lifespan. Thousands of dollars.

It is very expensive to restore a deleted truck back to stock. Thousands of dollars.

The 6.7 is amazing for what it is with all the emissions equip it has to have from the manufacturer.

Either way eventually you are going to incur a big expense. In many places you can't trade it in on a new truck if you are deleted.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
No “Democrat kool-aid” here. If you really believe that the majority of people with deleted diesels have them “properly tuned” and aren’t just driving around rolling at every chance they get then you’ve never been to most of the states in the US. If manufacturers could meet emissions requirements without using DEF then you can bet they’d be doing it. Unless the tuners have some secret knowledge that the OEMs don’t then I’d say that’s pretty unlikely to be accurate.
Well my friend does the emissions testing here and he has passed deleted diesels because they were within the legal particulate output

jsalbre

Reaction score
Well my friend does the emissions testing here and he has passed deleted diesels because they were within the legal particulate output
You’re in Canada, right? Do the emissions standards there match the ones down here? I’m not implying they don’t, I’m really not sure.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You’re in Canada, right? Do the emissions standards there match the ones down here? I’m not implying they don’t, I’m really not sure.
Yes they should be the same, the big thing most test guys do here is if you pass the opacity test then they ignore the visual test for personal use trucks so aslong as you have good clean tunes you are usually good to go

Users who are viewing this thread