Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting issue

jake shewmake

Reaction score
Hi all, new member here today. Not sure this is the right spot for this question so please guide me if I am in wrong spot. My 2018 Ram 2500 is having starting issues. I have new batteries (3 months old) and I had the alternator and the started tested yesterday at O Reilly and they are in perfect shape. I have had to jump-start the truck 10 times this week. Sometimes it starts in the morning seemed days not. When it won't startI can tell it is not going to because the break is very hard to press down and then sure enough, all I get is a click when it tries to start. I put jumper cables on for less than 1 minute and it starts right up.

I did have a fuse go out about 5 months ago that was replaced. Could it be that again?

Any ideas?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The brake feel should have no bearing on the electrical system…. Even new batteries can fail have them tested also check your battery terminals make sure they are tight

Jddirk

Reaction score
My 2 year old 2019 2500 RAM (Cummins) ran for 45 min, I parked and shutdown. Restart 15 min later failed. Would just click. Tried to jump it with no luck. Towed it to the dealer and they replaced both batteries. No indication of any issue prior to it not starting. A little frustrating to have my 2 yr old truck drop me without warning.

Hey @RamCares is it common for factory batteries to both fail after 2 years? Also why didn’t I get a Batt Low Warning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread