Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snow Chief Package

WarrenD

Reaction score
What is it about the Snow Chief package that differs from normal? (suspension wise)
For instance, I've been looking into leveling kits. For most kits, they consist of a 2.5 inch block & some hardware. But they all say UNLESS you have the snow plow/ambulance package, this will not work for you, you'll be required to have new springs. Are they built differently?

jsalbre

Reaction score
What is it about the Snow Chief package that differs from normal? (suspension wise)
For instance, I've been looking into leveling kits. For most kits, they consist of a 2.5 inch block & some hardware. But they all say UNLESS you have the snow plow/ambulance package, this will not work for you, you'll be required to have new springs. Are they built differently?
There’s been theorizing that the Snow Chief package has stiffer front springs. No one has been able to provide evidence of this though.

Myfast70

Reaction score
There’s been theorizing that the Snow Chief package has stiffer front springs. No one has been able to provide evidence of this though.

So this has been discussed previously, the springs are the same between the snow chief and non snow chief trucks, part numbers are the same for the front springs, unless you have a hemi then those are a different part number. There is a thread on this forum but I'd have to search for it.

And as far as a leveling kit, do it the right way and do a proper spring and not a block, such as Thuren or Carli. You should also consider doing a shock with extra length/ stroke because once it's lifted you run out of shock travel easier. I did a Thuren leveling kit with their Fox shocks and love it! The Fox shocks are slightly wearing so I bought a set of Bilstein's that I'll be putting on my 24 when it shows up.

Mine with a Thuren leveling spring

Attachments

• 20220831_101143.jpg
    20220831_101143.jpg
    1,015.7 KB · Views: 16

WarrenD

Reaction score
Oh no, wasn't planning on it. Just one of the things I noticed while researching my truck. I'm sure I'll eventually lift it in the future the right way, That Carli back country is looking nice. I'll check out the Thuren as well.
Truck looks awesome, the wheels go good with that color.

phatboy64

Reaction score
Oh no, wasn't planning on it. Just one of the things I noticed while researching my truck. I'm sure I'll eventually lift it in the future the right way, That Carli back country is looking nice. I'll check out the Thuren as well.
Truck looks awesome, the wheels go good with that color.
I put the Carli back country kit (see sig below) on my 2023 3500 and I am very happy with it and how it rides. You can’t go wrong with either Carli or Thuren

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Snow Chief and the HD snow plow prep are two completely different pkgs. the snow chief is not the snow plow pkg the HD snow plow prep is….

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Correct - the Snow Chief Group is a complete package whereas the Snow Plow Prep Group is not. That's why I specified the Snow Chief Group for my AEV Prospector.

View attachment 66490
Yes but im pretty sure the HD prep gets heavier front coils where the snow chief does not. Im just going by how my truck handles the plow vs other trucks that only have the snow chief. As i have both pkgs

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Yes but im pretty sure the HD prep gets heavier front coils where the snow chief does not. Im just going by how my truck handles the plow vs other trucks that only have the snow chief. As i have both pkgs
I have the Snow Chief package and I thought that it might have heavier springs.

I asked in the parts lookup thread and the answer was that my springs were the same as a HD 2500 without the Snow Chief package. At least for my 2020 2500.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread