Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site slow?

popeye2002

Reaction score
Thank You to whomever got this thing rolling again, I appreciate being able to surf and educate at a more reasonable pace!

Reactions: jak

Underline5656

Reaction score
Seems the work spilled over into today as well.

Appears the server that hosts all the sites was rebooted, 5thgenrams was offline for a few minutes just recently.

Admin is keenly aware at this time that it's been a problem.
If these are all on the same server -- is there a good reason 5th gen rams get the cloudflare proxy treatment and hdrams doesn't? That edge cache can do wonders.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If these are all on the same server -- is there a good reason 5th gen rams get the cloudflare proxy treatment and hdrams doesn't? That edge cache can do wonders.

All I know is 5thgenrams is the primary IP on the server...

Whatever they did yesterday seems to be holding well. All the other secondary sites in the brand were suffering.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Well the site seems back up to speed, but now I’m not getting any email notifications.

I wonder if it’s just coincidence.

UglyViking

Reaction score
You all jinxed it.

Cert expired (again). Sigh.
Almost reached out again. I swear the number of expired certs on this site hasn't been rivaled. Always the annoying one to fix too.

I wasn’t able to get on since last night.
Due to the above.

I started poking around other forums I've not been on forever trying to get my fix.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Modern browsers won't allow you to connect to a site forcing https with an expired cert (and other cert errors).

Older browsers can be set to ignore HSTS or trust the site. Don't recommend doing that in general, but if one MUST get on the site, it's possible.

That said, this should have been resolved when the sites were all moved to a new server. I've let Jared know on many occasions that the admin for these sites should be replaced. However, I don't know the relationship between everyone, the site owners, hosting, an/or admin.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't gonna even mention that because while an expired cert is generally not a huge deal, it sometimes can be dangerous depending on the actual issue.

Every time I hear you're not the owner here I'm shocked.

Users who are viewing this thread