Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Sound.

Xflight29

Reaction score
I am sure this has been discussed but can not find any info. Radio station sounds great but when I use satellite XM it sounds like music is playing through a coffee can with no base at all. anyone have this issue also. 2020 Ram 3500 with 12 inch U connect.

jbncccb

Reaction score
Yes it has been discussed before. It is a common issue with Sirius XM with the Uconnect. No fix that I'm aware of.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
I have a 2020 2500 with the 12 inch Uconnect and do not experience that problem. Sirius XM sounds just as good as the radio or the Apple Car Play. Only problem I have had is loss of signal in a garage or under an overpass.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
I have a 2020 2500 with the 12 inch Uconnect and do not experience that problem. Sirius XM sounds just as good as the radio or the Apple Car Play. Only problem I have had is loss of signal in a garage or under an overpass.
Satellite radio is line-of-sight. In other words, if your antenna cannot see the satellite in the open (garage/overpass), you get no signal.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Satellite radio is line-of-sight. In other words, if your antenna cannot see the satellite in the open (garage/overpass), you get no signal.
Fully aware. My statement was made to emphasize that I have not really had a single issue with my 12" Uconnect.

geektoad

Reaction score
It's not a Uconnect issue, Sirius XM always sounds flat compared to most other sources due to the amount they compress the signal, no matter the brand of radio. The best you can do is try to EQ it a bit, however it's hard to boost signal that isn't there to begin with.

carlrx7

Reaction score
I played some music stored on my iphone yesterday and WOW! i'm very surprised how much better it sounds with the HK system. Don't think i can ever go back, and these were only 320kbs rips.

EDIT: I just looked up SirusXM bitrate from google: 4 to 64 kilobits-per-second

That explains a lot.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
I played some music stored on my iphone yesterday and WOW! i'm very surprised how much better it sounds with the HK system. Don't think i can ever go back, and these were only 320kbs rips.

That explains a lot.

lovegolf44

Reaction score

That explains a lot.
Sirius sounds like crap, has nothing to do with the Uconnect. HD radio stations and USB sounds much better.

Users who are viewing this thread