Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side camera on with turn signal?

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Is it possible to have the respective side mirror (edit: side mirror camera) turn on with the turn signal? '22 Laramie w/8.4 non-nav and 360 cameras

Last edited:

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
it should already do that. you have the folding tow mirrors with the corner marker lights..?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
no setting. that a was a capability change for the '19 models and up to where the mirror light was both a turn signal as well as marker.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
no setting. that a was a capability change for the '19 models and up to where the mirror light was both a turn signal as well as marker.
I'm an idiot. That first post didn't say what I wanted it to. Edited for clarity. I'm taking about the camera. I'd like the camera to turn on when I have the turn signal on. Sorry bout that

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
We used the NAViKS box to enable cameras in motion, including (if enabled) the side cameras with turn signals (hated it), and NAV in motion.

It takes a man-in-the-middle hack to do this.

With the UC5 changes in 22, not sure if/when we'll see an update from them. They have to get their hands on a 22 to work it out.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
We used the NAViKS box to enable cameras in motion, including (if enabled) the side cameras with turn signals (hated it), and NAV in motion.

With the UC5 changes in 22, not sure if/when we'll see an update from them. They have to get their hands on a 22 to work it out.

What didn't you like about having the camera come on with the turn signals and can you turn off that feature? I have the Naviks box but haven't installed it yet.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
What didn't you like about having the camera come on with the turn signals and can you turn off that feature? I have the Naviks box but haven't installed it yet.
It simulates button presses and is a bit annoying when it activates, also slow.

Currently mine enables that feature all on its own randomly. Super annoying. I disable it and it flips me the bird whenever it feels.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
It simulates button presses and is a bit annoying when it activates, also slow.

Currently mine enables that feature all on its own randomly. Super annoying. I disable it and it flips me the bird whenever it feels.
Do you regret installing the Naviks or are the other features still worth it? I mostly got it to allow it to keep the camera on and I seldom use the center buttons on the back of the steering wheel.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you regret installing the Naviks or are the other features still worth it? I mostly got it to allow it to keep the camera on and I seldom use the center buttons on the back of the steering wheel.

The always on camera is worth it. I don't really use the truck NAV much and almost always it's just to see the map full screen.

Linked4door

Reaction score

I just sent them an email actually asking when and if they had any plans on a kit for the 2022's. I offered to help test a kit once it was available also since my truck will be picked up next weekend.

RummerRam

Reaction score
Wonder if the ‘23s have the turn signal camera integration from the factory and why this isn’t discussed more. It should be an option in the settings starting with the 22s uconnect 5 update.

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
I'd like to have it turn the front camera on when the parking sensors detect an object close by. A Co-worker's F150 does this and it's pretty slick.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Wonder if the ‘23s have the turn signal camera integration from the factory and why this isn’t discussed more. It should be an option in the settings starting with the 22s uconnect 5 update.
The ‘23s do have this feature.

RummerRam

Reaction score
I'd like to have it turn the front camera on when the parking sensors detect an object close by. A Co-worker's F150 does this and it's pretty slick.
This would be another nice feature for sure. You would think these could be configured in software updates. My ‘22 has the 360 surround cameras. Who do we call at FCA? If only…

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Do all of them have it? Not sure my 23 Bighorn has it. :/
In vehicle settings in the radio, under cameras, is there a setting called turn signal activated blindspot view?

DeadEnd

Reaction score
In vehicle settings in the radio, under cameras, is there a setting called turn signal activated blindspot view?
There isn't. Was kinda surpriced as the truck has the 360 cam and blind spot monitor. Thought maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
There isn't. Was kinda surpriced as the truck has the 360 cam and blind spot monitor. Thought maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot.
Hmm..curious- can you grab some screenshots of what’s in your camera menu, and what’s in the safety driving assistance menus?

Users who are viewing this thread