Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shocks w/ remotes on stock height suspension 3500

rommel

Reaction score
Anyone running Fox 2.0 or 2.5 shocks with remote reservoirs on the stock height suspension 3500s? I don’t want a lift but would like the better ride capability from better shocks. I see you can get them from places like shocks surplus but I don’t see much mention of them anywhere else.

rommel

Reaction score
I know a fair bit about suspension from road racing and the remotes aren't for suspension travel. Mainly I am interested in the ability to adjust compression. I wish they made them with compression and rebound but that doesn't seem to be on the market...

MtnRider

Reaction score
I know a fair bit about suspension from road racing and the remotes aren't for suspension travel. Mainly I am interested in the ability to adjust compression. I wish they made them with compression and rebound but that doesn't seem to be on the market...

Yes I know that, what I was saying was the stock springs are stiff and don't have a lot of travel (movement) so you aren't really working the shocks too much to take advantage of what a a high end shock has to offer. They need to work hand in hand. I road raced for many years as well (motorcycles).

Yes, adjustable would be cool but not something they really market for trucks. King I think is coming out with a electronically controlled adjuster. I'm sure it is going to be Very spendy though.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Your best bet is something like the thuren half inch kit and getting their tuned shocks. Otherwise you'll get an improvement but it will definitely not be worth the money with the stiff factory coils/leafs.

Users who are viewing this thread