Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shhhhhh!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I finally decided to pull the trigger and join the cool kids club. I sent off my first form 4 last week.

Dead air mask HD. should be lots of fun.

I know I’m late to the party playing the quiet game.

What are you guys playing with? Or what were you playing with before your boating accidents?

89E8AA94-8DE7-4BC7-8129-988E078F4EB6.jpeg

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
I have a form 1 .22 can I made from a kit from XRT Tactical. ATF approved, $200 tax paid, and 100% legal. Works great! Tones down a .22 pistol and all your really hear with a bolt rifle is the firing pin.

2001WS6

Reaction score
Nice can! What's it going on?? :p

Some old pics of my gf with my MP40 and my buddy with my M2

IVUOeJW.jpg

qJquDaM.jpg

Heavy Barrel FN

8puwWAP.jpg

Couple of AR's from early 2000's

Jfncnc4.jpg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Nice can! What's it going on?? :p

Some old pics of my gf with my MP40 and my buddy with my M2

IVUOeJW.jpg

qJquDaM.jpg

Heavy Barrel FN

8puwWAP.jpg

Couple of AR's from early 2000's

Jfncnc4.jpg
None of those look very quiet, but fun for sure.

I have a handful of threaded 22s that will be great hosts for it

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Nice!!! I need to get off my butt and get some cans also. Whats the wait time these days for the stamp?

mr wayne

Reaction score
I finally decided to pull the trigger and join the cool kids club. I sent off my first form 4 last week.

Dead air mask HD. should be lots of fun.

I know I’m late to the party playing the quiet game.

What are you guys playing with? Or what were you playing with before your boating accidents?

View attachment 24765
Have one just like it. Mostly on my Ruger .22 magnum bolt gun. Pretty much all you here is firing pin and impact. Also use it on my S&W .22C. You will enjoy it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I wish these kinds of goodies were not banned in communist Canada…. I would not be surprised if they tried to ban finger guns soon lol

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice whisper pickle.

I have a few cans, both rifle and pistol, including a dirt cheap form 1 .30cal I built dedicated to my 9" 300BLK SBR (a few of those too).

My only .22 can is a TBAC 22TD. Great can and the baffles clean up nice in an ultrasonic cleaner. Mostly run on a Ruger MKIV 22/45 Lite or my 10/22 that's in a Magpul stock. I need barrels for the other .22 and they're almost not worth buying just a barrel for and hard to find. I run Gemtech subs through them as that's about the only sub round that will cycle reliably (as reliable as .22 is) when suppressed.

My AAC rifle cans are going to be converted to Omega mount (1.375x24) so I'll be switching over a crap ton of AAC muzzle devices, both 5.56 and 7.62. Going to move to Dead Air Xeno mounts for size and weight savings.

I think I might start buying cans again after slacking for a few years, the cheaper YHM cans for dedicated cans on each rifle are tempting me. ;-)

MtnRider

Reaction score
Be vary vary quiet, I'm hunting wabbit...... (My best Elmer Fudd impression). Lol.

Congrats on the new addition! I've got several myself as well as quite a few SBR's. I went a little NFA crazy many years ago but have kind of reeled in my habit a bit recently with how crazy prices have gotten. I still have one heck of a collection though, I'll post up some pics later.

MtnRider

Reaction score
My AAC rifle cans are going to be converted to Omega mount (1.375x24) so I'll be switching over a crap ton of AAC muzzle devices, both 5.56 and 7.62. Going to move to Dead Air Xeno mounts for size and weight savings.

You'll have to let me know how you like that. I've got a couple AAC cans myself and have been considering converting over. Tough call since I have so many AAC mounts already but I'm sure I could sell them off to cover some of the cost.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Nice whisper pickle.

I have a few cans, both rifle and pistol, including a dirt cheap form 1 .30cal I built dedicated to my 9" 300BLK SBR (a few of those too).

My only .22 can is a TBAC 22TD. Great can and the baffles clean up nice in an ultrasonic cleaner. Mostly run on a Ruger MKIV 22/45 Lite or my 10/22 that's in a Magpul stock. I need barrels for the other .22 and they're almost not worth buying just a barrel for and hard to find. I run Gemtech subs through them as that's about the only sub round that will cycle reliably (as reliable as .22 is) when suppressed.

I think I might start buying cans again after slacking for a few years, the cheaper YHM cans for dedicated cans on each rifle are tempting me. ;-)
I thought (hoped) you’d chime in. I thought I saw an AAC hanging off the front of something in a pic you posted in a hunting thread here.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought (hoped) you’d chime in. I thought I saw an AAC hanging off the front of something in a pic you posted in a hunting thread here.
That was probably my Antelope hunt.

Taken with a Remington 700P (Police) LTR (fluted barrel) .308WIN with an AAC 762-SDN-6 and Leupold MK4 LR/T 3.5x10x40. Great can, just the QD mount can be iffy on accuracy so they're getting converted by a local goto shop ECCO Machine as soon as my number comes up.

The rifle is better than I am, this was without the can. Factory GMM 168gr loads. 5-shot group.

2013-10-13 20.05.29.jpg

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
That was probably my Antelope hunt.

Taken with a Remington 700P (Police) LTR (fluted barrel) .308WIN with an AAC 762-SDN-6 and Leupold MK4 LR/T 3.5x10x40. Great can, just the QD mount can be iffy on accuracy so they're getting converted by a local goto shop ECCO Machine as soon as my number comes up.

The rifle is better than I am, this was without the can. Factory GMM 168gr loads. 5-shot group.

View attachment 25443
I was suspecting Ecco Machine was involved if you are converting your AAC cans. I've seen some of his work. It's top notch.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll have to let me know how you like that. I've got a couple AAC cans myself and have been considering converting over. Tough call since I have so many AAC mounts already but I'm sure I could sell them off to cover some of the cost.

Everyone that has done the conversion is more than pleased so I can only hope for the same.

Nick at ECCO is a master. I think there's one or two other machinist SOT that are doing them now, but he's the first and best IMHO. He's also about 13 miles from me so it will be a local drop. I also have one 14.5" non-SBR that needs to be pinned so he'll be changing that for me too. It's a factory Noveske Recce rifle and I don't want to SBR it.

I wouldn't count on selling any AAC mounts at inflated prices any time soon, I think that ship has sailed. Perhaps some of the Brakeout models.

Apparently the mounts are being produced again or someone found a huge stash. There's a few places they are starting to pop up.

FYI, PSA now owns AAC for anyone that didn't know. I don't know if they have the tooling (doubtful) but they own the IP, patents, etc.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Everyone that has done the conversion is more than pleased so I can only hope for the same.

Nick at ECCO is a master. I think there's one or two other machinist SOT that are doing them now, but he's the first and best IMHO. He's also about 13 miles from me so it will be a local drop. I also have one 14.5" non-SBR that needs to be pinned so he'll be changing that for me too. It's a factory Noveske Recce rifle and I don't want to SBR it.

I wouldn't count on selling any AAC mounts at inflated prices any time soon, I think that ship has sailed. Perhaps some of the Brakeout models.

Apparently the mounts are being produced again or someone found a huge stash. There's a few places they are starting to pop up.

FYI, PSA now owns AAC for anyone that didn't know. I don't know if they have the tooling (doubtful) but they own the IP, patents, etc.

ECCO is who I was going to use. Had him on the radar for a while and knew he was the go-to guy for that. There are a few things I miss about Colorado and having good gun smiths close by was one of them. I was in Black Forest so not far away from him at all. I had an HK guy in the springs along with Apex for parts, an engraver up in Franktown that I used all the time. Was very convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread