Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Several trouble codes

Dinostop

Reaction score
2021 Ram 3500 Big Horn dually.
2,222 miles
All of sudden the below codes kicked in. Not sure what to look at and am 8 hours from home.
Service stability control
Service trailer brake
Service abs

Mark 73

Reaction score
I had the same thing with a few thousand miles on my 19 3500 HO. Cruise control won’t work but otherwise is driveable. Dealer had to order and install a new ABS module.

Dinostop

Reaction score
A dealer got me and basically found. I thing wrong. They replaced a rear wheel speed sensor. Problem came back and sent away 4 times the next day. Haven’t seen the issue yet today after a 7 hour drive home.

Reaction score
I had this same issue after pulling back on a highway and going over the safety grooves in the shoulder. All the lights went away after another 2 miles except for a CEL, dealership shows a rear wheel speed sensor issue. I asked them to clear the codes to see if the issue came back, and 2 weeks later I havent had any issues. Keeping an eye on it though.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
I had the same thing with a few thousand miles on my 19 3500 HO. Cruise control won’t work but otherwise is driveable. Dealer had to order and install a new ABS module.
Yep.......I had about 250 miles on my 2020 2500 when I made a 90 degree turn at the intersection of 2 county roads in the rain. My right rear tire dropped into a deep "mudhole" in the corner of the intersection with a very hard bump and I got ABS, Cruise Control, FCW, and ACC error messages. All the codes led the dealer to the ABS system. He replaced the ABS pump...the ABS module....and finally had to replace a burned pin the the ABS module plug. Tech said the pump shorted out, blew the module and burned the pin.

Reaction score
Every time it rains my abs warning light comes on, traction control warning light, trailer brake warning light and thr truck won't go into 4wd. Dash also shows front impact warning system warning light. Everything works fine when it's dry. Anyoe replace their ABS module themselves?

Reaction score
I drove home from work yesterday in light rain and no issues. I parked the truck for the night and it poured rain overnight. When i started the truck this morning all the warning lights came on instantly, ABS, Trailer brakes, Front Collision, and no 4wd.

Reaction score
i'm going to get my mechanic to replace the ABS module, here are the codes:

Attachments

• DTC1.jpg
    DTC1.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread