Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Def?

Claude55

Reaction score
What does it mean when your truck says "Service Def" - see Dealer?

MtnRider

Reaction score
It means there is a fault in the DEF system. Need to read the code to be more specific. With that said that code has been known to be a false alarm and may go away, You could also try to clear it yourself if you have a code reader. Or take it to the dealer if under warranty,

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Well it means exacty that… the DEF system needs servicing pull the codes and see whats going on

d_adams02

Reaction score
I actually received this yesterday. Called the local dealership service center and was told to fill my tank with Fresh DEF and see if it turns off. If not there is a known issue with the 2022 DEF sensors and I will need to schedule an appointment. Issue at hand is that appointments are booked out until 2nd week of January and he told me that if the service DEF doesn't go away the system will not regen and will then tell me that the truck is going into limp mode. ****ty scenario all around.

RGRauch

Reaction score
I actually received this yesterday. Called the local dealership service center and was told to fill my tank with Fresh DEF and see if it turns off. If not there is a known issue with the 2022 DEF sensors and I will need to schedule an appointment. Issue at hand is that appointments are booked out until 2nd week of January and he told me that if the service DEF doesn't go away the system will not regen and will then tell me that the truck is going into limp mode. ****ty scenario all around.
Following- my truck was in a body shop for 2 months. When I picked it up this week the “Service DEF” warning light came on, followed by the 150 mile countdown warning. I’m suspecting the 2 month idle caused the DEF to crystallize. Perhaps it’s the sensor. Fortunately, I was able to get an appointment at the dealer next week. Stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread