Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

service air suspension

dstonic

Reaction score
Thank you I believe it’s fuse 50 and 87 also I think f5 for the compressor. I will repost if this clears it. Everything seams to me working fine so idk what would be wrong at all
Glad you found it. I just posted it for you too.

owdiss78

Reaction score
Thank you I will repost if I get it figured out

owdiss78

Reaction score
At dealer nothing would reset it so came in to get it checked out I guess that’s what warranty is for

owdiss78

Reaction score
They had to order a new compressor even though all seams to be working properly it won’t clear the code

Ditchml

Reaction score
2021 Ram 2500 rear air suspension problems for 3rd time in first 6400 miles. First incident air bag exploded with 29 miles. 2nd incident same side air bag exploded at 5000 miles. 3rd time service light came on and been at dealer for 22 days now. Total of 39 days of first 5 months owned at dealer for this issue. Want to drive this thing straight into the showroom at this point. 90k truck that i cant use and is a piece of crap

jmcdermo

Reaction score
2021 Ram 2500 rear air suspension problems for 3rd time in first 6400 miles. First incident air bag exploded with 29 miles. 2nd incident same side air bag exploded at 5000 miles. 3rd time service light came on and been at dealer for 22 days now. Total of 39 days of first 5 months owned at dealer for this issue. Want to drive this thing straight into the showroom at this point. 90k truck that i cant use and is a piece of crap

Search this forum for my thread about how the air suspension ruined a 3-week vacation resulting in having to pay to have our trailer towed home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015Ram3500

Reaction score
Joined so I could tag along. My 2015 3500 with 69,000 miles had the air maintenance require message just come on for the first time after a 20 degree night here is North Carolina. Guess I'll start at the fuses.

Great info in this thread.

Thanks, Alan

Warchild8511

Reaction score
New the forum here, thanks for the great discussion. 2022 2500 Megacab Laramie had this message the day after I took it off the lot. Truck was not level, left to right, by about 2”. Was in the shop for 8 days waiting on new compressor to be installed. So far, no additional messages, but now
It appears to be leaning to the right about an inch… very frustrating! Anyone experience this issue? I haven’t been able to find a thread where others have mentioned this. TIA.

rw4363

Reaction score
New the forum here, thanks for the great discussion. 2022 2500 Megacab Laramie had this message the day after I took it off the lot. Truck was not level, left to right, by about 2”. Was in the shop for 8 days waiting on new compressor to be installed. So far, no additional messages, but now
It appears to be leaning to the right about an inch… very frustrating! Anyone experience this issue? I haven’t been able to find a thread where others have mentioned this. TIA.

It was mentioned in this thread. The sensors can be adjusted slightly.
https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/21-3500-rear-air-suspension-smoooth-ride.4477/

welyell

Reaction score
I had the same "Service Air Suspension System" message on my dashboard display. I have a 2021 Ram 3500, ordered from the factory in February 2021 and delivered in May of 2021. After reading this posting, I was able to fix the issue by properly seating the fuses. In my case, NONE OF THE FUSES WERE CORRECTLY SEATED!!! every single fuse in the fuse panel was just resting on the contacts, not pushed all the way into the contacts.

Anyone know who to contact at FCA to report this ongoing factory assembly issue?

2021hdram

Reaction score
Just to echo the same things said in here. Had the problem on a recent trip. Pulled the fuses and relay and then reseated every fuse in the fuse box because they were all not completely seated. The problem went away.

Shorty

Reaction score
2020 Ram 2500. 8800 miles. Never an issue. Then today air suspension issue. Did the #87 fuse in/out, pushed a few further in to seat them and works fine. Hopefully it stays that way.
Figured I may as well chime in so others don't get too disillusioned and immediately take it the dealership.
Of course it was when we're all loaded and leaving for vacation. John

Pearce

Reaction score
Well boys it happened to me today. Started yesterday and now I am riding on bump stops. Pulling fuses as recommended yielded no results. I can tell the compressor makes no effort to kick on. Only the valve messing with air flow is doing something. Dropping it at the dealer Monday. Need it for a trip in a couple weeks. This is going to drive me nuts

Omarf4

Reaction score
Yeah, if you are riding in bump stops then air pressure leaked out. Check the fuse to make sure it didn’t burn out completely if your pump isn’t even coming on. Its not getting power or shot. Good luck and keep us posted.

jmcdermo

Reaction score
Well boys it happened to me today. Started yesterday and now I am riding on bump stops. Pulling fuses as recommended yielded no results. I can tell the compressor makes no effort to kick on. Only the valve messing with air flow is doing something. Dropping it at the dealer Monday. Need it for a trip in a couple weeks. This is going to drive me nuts

Good luck - after a failed repair at one dealer while we were on the road, or home town dealer took over a month to fix it right. Almost a year later and so far, so good.

Orlando70

Reaction score
+1 for checking the fuses. I tow our 19k lb fifth wheel regularly and the service air suspension came on for the second time in five months recently after disabling the air suspension to unhitch. The error didn’t clear after a few restarts like the first time. I checked fuses 05, 50, and 87, which are related to the air suspension according the the manual, and reseated them. At least 50 and 87 (both micro) went in about 1/16” more than how they came from the factory. I was surprised this is all it took, but the error did not come back on on the next restart. I thought it was going to be more serious, but thanks to this forum for the time being I’ve avoided yet another trip to the dealer.
Thank you Thank you Thank you !
the "service air suspension" came up on my 2019 2500 Limited and I did only play with the #5 fuse the first time around to no relief in the message. So I went to a few auto stores to look for a relayI, I got home again and read your post and went ahead and pulled and reinstalled #50 and #87. To my surprise the second #50 got pushed in the auto-leveling function kicked in and that was that.

Bigfoot63301

Reaction score
Just found this forum after a search on "Service Air Suspension System" in preparation for a meeting with my local RAM service department 31OCT22. They've been working on this for 7 months on my 21 3500. In March they cleared the codes - the problem came back. In May they cleared the codes - problem came back. In June they cleared the codes and ordered a compressor. That finally arrived in August and was replaced - the problem returned. They then ordered the ASCM which got replaced in Oct. Drove the truck 3 miles to home. Went out a few hours later and the problem returned. Drove straight to the dealer 30 minutes prior to closing and requested a meeting Monday (31OCT22) to see what the game plan is. Some time back I was told mine was an isolated incident. This forum shot that all to hell! What pisses me off is that the Service Air Suspension warning comes on every 3 seconds messing up your display, screws up the backup camera and is a pain in the ear when you're on a phone call. (Haven't towed anything)

Users who are viewing this thread